GMC Truck Forum banner

1541 - 1551 of 1551 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,541 ·
I have a single in, dual out 70 series on my 6.0, and it sounds great. It rattles like coffee can full of washers after only 2 years, which I'm pissed about, but otherwise sounds good.
Yeah I have ran flowmasters before and they do sound pretty good at first and then they just go to shit after abit. Lol
If you live where there is salt you are lucky if they last 2 years before rusting and falling off.
When we bought my wife's Tahoe it had a flowmaster and from the time the previous owner put them on to when it fell off it was right at 2 years, I put a magnaflow on it and I am not worried about it at all anymore.
Is the 70 series pretty quiet?
I am hoping it tones it down abit over the magnaflows.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Some dude on the internet
868 Posts
Yes, definitely quieter than Magnaflows, but still decent. Here's an idle clip from a couple years ago right after install. It's only slightly louder now. I can get a newer clip with revs if you want. All with longtubes, high flow cats, 3" all through with a Y.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,543 ·
Yes, definitely quieter than Magnaflows, but still decent. Here's an idle clip from a couple years ago right after install. It's only slightly louder now. I can get a newer clip with revs if you want. All with longtubes, high flow cats, 3" all through with a Y.

That sounds good!!!
If you have time to grab a rev video that would be great, If not then I will wait till next week hopefully to see what it sounds like. Lol

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,546 ·
Here ya go. Listen at the end when I pull back up for the shitty flowmaster rattle, lol.

I do like the tone of Flowmasters, yours sounds really good!
That is a very nice truck aswell, looks like a torque thrust rim

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,548 ·
Thanks, I do like the sound overall. Sounds good inside the cab too with not much drone at all.

And Yep 15x8 torq thrust 2’s with 32x11.5’s.
I am still kind of worried about the drone inside the cab abit, but I run 2 vibrant resonators before the muffler.
Should help keep it down abit

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,916 Posts
Something about a flowmaster paired with longtubes just has an iconic sound to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1541 - 1551 of 1551 Posts