GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are my other hobbies that suck all my money out of my accounts before it ever reaches my hands. I work on and restored classic military vehicles. So far I only have the two jeeps in my collection, but am trying to round up a Kaiser M35A2-C "Duece and a half" that I like and is reasonably priced.

1942 Ford GPW. I bought it two years ago as a vehicle to get my dad off the couch to work on, but he just likes to drive it, so I wrench on it, and keep it maintained. I gave it to him on Christmas Eve, and had Santa drive it up to the party we were having...

42jeep003.jpg

42j33p3.jpg

42j33p2.jpg

42j33p1.jpg

42j33p.jpg

1953 M38A1. This my other one, I bought it as a project to restore and it's an ongoing battle. The guy who had it before me tried to make it go faster by putting a 1966 mustang 289 in it, but forgot to change the gearing, so it's still slow, but sounds like a bat out of hell.:rofl2: This was my first military vehicle and restored it, and dedicated it to the memory of my great uncle who was KIA in Korea July of 1953, the same month and year the jeep was made. It has been on the tarmat at Luke a couple times, and was rented out for a film shoot for Government liquidations contest they had a few months back.

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

One of my old teachers who got me into history to begin with

DSCN0042.jpg

Somewhere there is a jeep under there...

DSCN0040.jpg

These are just some random photos of the film shoot..

KennyjeepModels--DeerHunting2006025.jpg

the truck I want

KennyjeepModels--DeerHunting2006029.jpg

more photos to come later when my other photobucket account comes back online.

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet!

Ferd flermats?
Yeah, the Willys MB, and the Ford GPW are the same thing, same parts, everything swaps right over. So most people have no idea that Ford made a jeep in the 40's or even how to tell the two apart. This way some wise ass (it never fails) will come up and make some stupid remark about "you must be a big ford fan to put those in that willys." :nono: So then we set them straight and hopefully infront of a group of people they are with. It happens every show, that and the old jeep in a crate story. The only way to get rid of them is to tell them that if they can get a hold of "their friend" that I will pay then seven thousand for it, and buy him one too. Ussually that gets them to leave.:pow:

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some more photos,

The dedication to my great uncle...

CarlsMemory.jpg

What it looked like soon after I bought it...

M38A13.jpg

Getting ready to throw paint....

M38A12.jpg

jeepI.jpg

New tires, paint, and decals. Mounted up for "neighborhood watch" duty

Jeepgun.jpg

Trying to get a good photo...

m38a1.jpg

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
thats sick bro!

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
awesome. some auction company around here has army surplus jeeps sometimes, i want one so bad. i know my dad would stab me in the eye if i brought one home though :(

·
4,725 Posts
Some of the syckest shit I've seen in a long time.

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Yeah they come up from time to time on auctions from the government, ussually national guard bases, or small county sheriffs offices have them. Those little two jeeps have already paid for half of the original cost to buy them by themselves from being rented out for different events. They are in almost every parade here in the state, and are always invited to the military bases when they have shows. Infact this weekend we (the Arizona Military Vehicle Collectors Club) are going to Luke for the air show thing they are having. We also get invited to different gun shows and get to park and get in for free just for bringing them. LOL They are a ton of fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts