GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my upper bj's are binding and I'm like .15" from laying up front. It kinda bothers me and plus I'm sure its not healthy for the balljoints to be supporting the weight of the truck like that.

So my question is, do you guys think that the art ucas will allow for more angle on my bj's and wont bind anymore?

if not, any other suggestions? TIA

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I can call ART and find out what exactly their arms do since we're a dealer for them. But as far as a I know they do reangle the BJ a little. I know djm arms reangle, but the arm it self is longer, so your gunna pull way possive camber aired up...

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
you have drop spindles?

djm lower arms?

what size tire?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
What about switching ball joints. My buddy was having this problem on his obs and he went to an offroad shop and bought body joints ment for extreme angles during rock crawling. They have more play in them and let it lay out fine without binding.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
2" drop spindles

factory arms

265/35/22
should lay out.

mine has 2" drop spindles, djm lower arm, factory upper and lays out on a 265/35/22. It can go up another inch or 2 more also.

how tall is your bag cup? did you do anything to the firewall?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
my upper arm can go up all the way up till it hits the upper arm mount.

I don't know if that explained it good. Like the upper arm mount is like an upsidedown U. It can hit the top of the U. The arm is almost vertical.

Not sure why yours are binding. maybe because i have the bottom arms?
Edt - my cups are 5 1/2" on the drivers and 5" on the passenger

·
As seen on TV!
863 Posts
Nice freakin picture... :drool:

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my upper arm can go up all the way up till it hits the upper arm mount.

I don't know if that explained it good. Like the upper arm mount is like an upsidedown U. It can hit the top of the U. The arm is almost vertical.

Not sure why yours are binding. maybe because i have the bottom arms?
Edt - my cups are 5 1/2" on the drivers and 5" on the passenger
I understand what your saying. I just dont understand why mine are binding and yours arent.

oh and btw, are those powdercoated kaotik z6's?

now that I think about it, it could be the backspacing of our wheels that set us apart with the balljoints. I have 6.62" bs on a 9.5" wide and if you have less bs then that will prob explain it...maybe. because the more the wheel sits closer to the center of the truck, the more the camber will push the wheel up. follow me?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
I understand what your saying. I just dont understand why mine are binding and yours arent.

oh and btw, are those powdercoated kaotik z6's?

now that I think about it, it could be the backspacing of our wheels that set us apart with the balljoints. I have 6.62" bs on a 9.5" wide and if you have less bs then that will prob explain it...maybe. because the more the wheel sits closer to the center of the truck, the more the camber will push the wheel up. follow me?
I dont' know what the backspacing is on mine. THey are the kaotik z6's like yours. They are painted black.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts