GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are in, but they are not really what i ordered. they are weld renegades 17 x8.5 BUT, they have 5.125" backspacing :bawl: i called CST today. they said that they might work, but i will have to use a 1/4" SPACER :pissed: what should i do? :guns:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sevenfold said:
I told you to get the 17x10s! :read:

Sell them. :read:
i can get them to RE-order my wheels, but ive been fighting with them for a month to get these in stock. im tired of waiting! they do make a 17x8.5 with the right backspacing. i just dont want to wait. is there any spacer that is actually safe?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Y2KSierra said:
Just wait...it'll be worth it in the end for the piece of mind.
i agree, but its like pulling teeth. i called them EVERYDAY to get these in stock.. the guy at CST said they MIGHT work with NO spacer, but i could just see myself getting the kit finished, and having my truck up on jackstands for 3 weeks while my new wheels come in. customer service sucks when you win shit.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Get the right rim, spacers are a bad idea, its very much worth the wait, hell with the cst lift i bet you could roll on stockers for a while anyways

·
W.F.O.
140 Posts
I'd wait. As Y2KSierra said, piece of mind!

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Josh said:
i agree, but its like pulling teeth. i called them EVERYDAY to get these in stock.. the guy at CST said they MIGHT work with NO spacer, but i could just see myself getting the kit finished, and having my truck up on jackstands for 3 weeks while my new wheels come in. customer service sucks when you win shit.
true...but if you are going to be spending this much money on the CST lift, why run spacers? Would you rather it be on jack stands for three weeks or see your wheel fall off and run ahead of you while going 65 mph? Then it might be in a junk yard for the rest of its life :crazy:

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Damn Josh, that sucks.... I'd just wait and get the right rims, despite how much waiting sucks, do it right the first time :imo

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Get the right ones :read: Why settle for what you dont want just because somebody screwed up an order.
If anything do like Kyle said and run the kit on the stock wheels untill the ones you want come in.

If you want the right wheel, get the right wheel you want. Never leave yourself open to say "I wish I had" in the future :imo:

·
2,451 Posts
get the 17x10's. with those wheels, 6" lift the 35x12.5's will be so tucked thatthat it will look like pizza cutters :imo:

·
Bigger than you!
196 Posts
SEND THEM BACK! That is not what you ordered and you deserve to get the wheels that you ordered not what they want you to have. A few weeks is nothing compared to the years that you will kick yourself because you did not fight for what is right and make them get you what you ordered.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
TheLlama said:
Roll the stockers baby, I did it for 2 weeks lol. :nutkick:

post up the pics with the stockers... the ones with me and ryan debadging it :crazy: :head:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
wait! especially if you want me to help ya instal it i need that much time till i can help!

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
will the stock wheels clear on the CST?

the guy at CST said there is a chance they MIGHT clear with no spacer since they are 17s.

im gonna ask them about changing them out.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Josh said:
will the stock wheels clear on the CST?

the guy at CST said there is a chance they MIGHT clear with no spacer since they are 17s.

im gonna ask them about changing them out.
superlift and procomp both can be run with stock rims and tires, my guess is cst can too, you have been calling them anyway shoot them another question :crazy:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts