GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we bought one.
Hello there, new member checking in.

Long time Chevy owner but just joined the site.
Wife's 2001 Tahoe was getting a little long in the tooth (156k) but has been pretty good to us in the 10 years we've owned it.

Looked at all the trucks in our $30k-$35k price range and was a bit surprised to see how expensive fullsize rigs are these days.
I also didn't really like the styling of most of the trucks out today, nor did the wife.

My wife came across a bro'd out 2013 crew cab and fell in love with it.
I'm indifferent, I kinda like vehicles with that extra edge (I'm more of a fast car guy) and it seems like with trucks you spend all this money and it's just like everyone else's vehicle on the road.

So in saying all of that, the truck is a 2013 LT Z71 crew cab w/ all star package (great option package btw) with 20k miles. Only thing I wish it had that it doesnt is leather seats but the bench seat in the front is kinda cool.
Lift is 6" fab tech, wheels are KMC mifit's 20x9 and tires are toyo open country MT 35x12.5.

I'm sure not everyone here is into this type of ride but I thought I'd intoduce myself nontheless.

20141021_140127_zpsgui7ywp9.jpg

·
TTG shawty
3,101 Posts
looks good. ditch the chrome bumpers! or ditch the black wheels and go chrome x12's

·
Registered
366 Posts
Personally would remove front air dam and clear headlights ASAP. Then you can be more bro'd out :crazy:

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
^^ and just buy some leather seats for it, problem solved.. looks very good

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I feel lifted trucks are the muscle cars of our era, so I know what you mean with everybody and their brother owning one. There isn't much you can do that hasn't already been done as far as modding it. But they look great, so much more useful than a car and hold resell value quite well. I think you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the suggestions.

She's not complaining about the way it looks at it sits so I'm going to keep my lips sealed as I still have a $2k clutch to purchase and install for my fun car. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts