GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My x1010 HID Auxilary Lights... 56k Beware!!!

Well, along with my signal mirrors (love em), my girlfriend also got me these Sylvania x1010 HID foglights that she knew I wanted. She rocks, I know! :D I was very close to buying these myself from suvlights.com and BOOM! Surpised! :head:

Anyways, here are a few quick and shitty pics I took the other night... I will get some better pics and maybe a video in the future.

x1010only.jpg

x10101.jpg

x10107.jpg

Fogs and Headlights on... ignore the light color it looks white

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
x10105.jpg

x10104.jpg

x10106.jpg

Well they work great and I love them! They are 5400k and the headlights at 4300k... but I may be getting some 6000k bulbs if I can find em cheap. All I have to say is that on the way to San Diego my friend kept radioing me screaming at me to turn off my headlights and that the foglights were "plenty fucking bright enough!" I ended up driving in front of him most of the time.. I really love how well the HIDs light up the entire freeway insanely. I've said it once and I'll say it again, by far my favorite investment/mod for my truck, I would recommend them to anyone!!! :driver:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Btw, for anyone wondering... that is my dog Rico, well, I call him Gimpo for now because one of my horses stepped on him and broke his leg :eek:wned: He'll be okay though. Oh and my headlights are shining on our future 6,000sq foot house on the other side of the property.

Gimpo.jpg

Day15869.jpg

Sorry for all the pics!!! :crazy:

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Very nice Skater. :rocking: Whereabouts you live in SoCal? Looks like you got quite a bit of land there. It's been over 11 yrs since I left Socal, but I sure don't miss the smog.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats not smog lol. I live in 93066 "Somis" in Ventura County. 30 Minutes from LA/30 minutes from Santa Barbara. It's only 3 acres but it's hot property.

Now.. time to go blind some people :naughty: :caffeine:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hey yoskater, would you mind PM'ing me how much they were and whats involved on the installation. My friend has those same corners and they are the same ones i want but i havnt talked to him lately to find out what they are, so can u include that in the PM too :D
the fogs are bitchin, i cant believe how much they light up.
Along with the singnal mirrors you are a bastard...u keep getting sh*t that i want lol :worship:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
haha i wonder if my girl will buy anything for me... ehh prbly nothing for my truck lol. But thats tite as hell. I want to get a set of thoose lights for my truck too

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
:rocking: :head: Damn I was gunna set up a GP for those too :D thats a good deal tho! U gotta kickazz gurl! Lights are bright, and Im curious to see what the 6000k HID bulbs look and light up like..... :drool: :read: Either my lights need to be aimed or there never gunna break in cause there still a different color...... well I think I actually havent checked lately lol anyways trucks lookin tight!

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
Hey Adam, let me know when you are going to set up a group purchase on the X1010 lights because I think that is next on my list off mods to do.

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
Man that is a sick mod....bright as hell. Ohhh nice lot, I'm looking for one my self, three acres are hard to come about around here, plus 6,000 sqft. I must be true, Cali boys have all the fun... Congrats!!!!!

·
Alaskan Sierra
60 Posts
just curious did those bolt right up to the exsisting fog light harness? or did you have to get a custom bracket. i am seriously considering a set of those for my 01 sierra. also you showed a picture of a remote, would'nt they wire up to the stock fog light button? thanks a million :worship:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alaska350 said:
just curious did those bolt right up to the exsisting fog light harness? or did you have to get a custom bracket. i am seriously considering a set of those for my 01 sierra. also you showed a picture of a remote, would'nt they wire up to the stock fog light button? thanks a million :worship:
I had no stock foglights so I don't know... there HAS to be a way to wire them up to the stock foglights, as long as you know what you're doing it s hould be very easy. I used the brackets provided in the box, I would assume you'd have to do the same as they are smaller than the factory fog lights. They are very good lights, high quality thick glass and I get complements all the time. Not to mention they make the road like 5x brighter!! :D let me know if you have any other questions :shake:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts