GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my steps today and now i am trying to put them on with no instructions, :insane: does anyone here have them or could tell me how to put them on, if so please let me know!!! Thanks

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Z712K3 said:
I just picked up my steps today and now i am trying to put them on with no instructions, :insane: does anyone here have them or could tell me how to put them on, if so please let me know!!! Thanks
these steps are really easy once you learn how to do them... in order to help you i will need to know if you have a crew cab or ex cab.... they are almost the same, but there is more work and more guessing on the ex cab.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Z712K3 said:
It is the extended cab,
Thanks!!! :shake:
you will need 2 jacks if you are by yourself.. put the step up to the bottom of the body, center the pipes between the front and rear tires, then mark all 6 of the holes. then drill them out, and mount the Nfabs... i wish i had pictures.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
here is the best picture i have, see the drilled holes? There are six holes to drill, four are relativly close together, then the last two towards the rear of the truck. You just put it in where you like it, mark the holes and drill, use a smaller bit first then go up to a larger one for the bolts.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we went to put the steps on the other day and when we did i couldnt get the washer in on one hole and the middle bracket doesnt even touch anything so now what should i do??? :pissed:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
get a washer in one hole?? its okay if the brackets dont touch exactly onto the roof, take a picture of your problem these steps are straight forward install.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
try a jack if you are talking about the mounting hole, and if you are worried about the floorpan part, some just dont touch. there are 6 bolts in the system on each side, if one doesnt have a washer, it wont really affect it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no the middle bracket that is supposed to touch the pinch weld doesnt even touch, it just is not sitting flush with that lip on the bottom of the body where you are supposed to drill and mount :flame:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Z712K3 said:
no the middle bracket that is supposed to touch the pinch weld doesnt even touch, it just is not sitting flush with that lip on the bottom of the body where you are supposed to drill and mount :flame:
take it off, and hammer it to where it is supposed to be. the brackets flex when welded some times.

·
Registered
18 Posts
just went down and talked to n-fab for you since i live right down the strret from there shop and they said you wil need to bang it back in place cause when they weld it on it heats up the bracket and twists it. there exact words. hope this help ya out :gmfs:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
wow they need to learn how to tack weld something first and stress relieive a weld!

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
offroadburban said:
just went down and talked to n-fab for you since i live right down the strret from there shop and they said you wil need to bang it back in place cause when they weld it on it heats up the bracket and twists it. there exact words. hope this help ya out :gmfs:
sound kinda familiar :crazy:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Josh said:
sound kinda familiar :crazy:
shutup josh you know you just had a lucky guess :crazy:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Kyle said:
shutup josh you know you just had a lucky guess :crazy:
ive installed a few sets in my time :D

and :word: to ibthumpin jigs arent always accurate. and welding causes warpage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts