GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get N-Fabs and how much? I need the 2 step crew cab short bed ones. Thanks,

·
Registered
489 Posts
I bought mine from a local dealer, just because they had them in stock, and I didn't feel like driving 60 miles to San Antonio to buy some from 4 wheel parts. After all of the calling around, 4 wheel parts was the cheapest I could find. I even called n-fab direct since they are a Texas based company, and they couldn't even beat 4 wheel parts prices. I bought my 4 step ones for around $420. Since they have a deal with 4 wheel parts, and I'm sure they buy tons from they they can sell them at a discounted price. So to make a long story even longer, 4 wheel parts is cheapest place to buy n-fabs.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
I went directly through N-Fab. Had some major issues with them. Lets say it took about 6 months until I finally got a good set put on. Biggest waste of time ever, the only thing is, I love them now that they're on. I got them color matched with my truck for an extra price, I'm not sure if 4wp does that or not, I have no clue

The steps are different then what your are thinking, as noted by Z71offroader

2 Steps means one on each side.
4 Steps is two on each side (and with yours being a crew cab...)

Also, they're not bolt on like others so they do require minor drilling. I would suggest going out and getting some extra hardware (#8 1" Self tapping screws) to put both brackets in.

Here's some installation stuff that you don't get from the company.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72749

Good luck

·
Registered
138 Posts
I went directly through N-Fab. Had some major issues with them. Lets say it took about 6 months until I finally got a good set put on. Biggest waste of time ever, the only thing is, I love them now that they're on. I got them color matched with my truck for an extra price, I'm not sure if 4wp does that or not, I have no clue

The steps are different then what your are thinking, as noted by Z71offroader

2 Steps means one on each side.
4 Steps is two on each side (and with yours being a crew cab...)

Also, they're not bolt on like others so they do require minor drilling. I would suggest going out and getting some extra hardware (#8 1" Self tapping screws) to put both brackets in.

Here's some installation stuff that you don't get from the company.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72749

Good luck

shsportsfan12 are your n-fabs painted or powdercoated???

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
shsportsfan12 are your n-fabs painted or powdercoated???
The standard color is powdercoated black...Due to the way the paint is chipping off on the steps and all the touch ups they needed from a body shop, I'm going to say they're painted.

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Mine were like $550 with two steps either side and powdercoated to match the truck. I got mine from nfab direct, they had really good customer cervices but they take a few weeks to get, FYI

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Make sure you get them powdercoated, not painted
I just got called up the body shop that fixed things up. N-fab did powdercoat them and came with a few chips in the paint so he fixed that up with paint sense they were minor. However, my steps are chipping like no other.

On a side note, cooldude, have you encountered and loss of grip when your steps are wet? I mean like slipping and what not. I gotta figure out a way to get more traction when its wet.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Mine were like $550 with two steps either side and powdercoated to match the truck. I got mine from nfab direct, they had really good customer cervices but they take a few weeks to get, FYI
The customer service employees were very nice and apologetic with all of the shit that went down with mine (they got shipped to 10 wrong places before they got to me). The only thing that upset me was at one point they told me I would have them in 2 weeks, it turned into 4 1/2. Other then that, they were extremely nice people.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help and advise guys.

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
do they make them for an ecsb six step version I could have sworn I have seen them in that version but they dont show them on the site.

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
I just got called up the body shop that fixed things up. N-fab did powdercoat them and came with a few chips in the paint so he fixed that up with paint sense they were minor. However, my steps are chipping like no other.

On a side note, cooldude, have you encountered and loss of grip when your steps are wet? I mean like slipping and what not. I gotta figure out a way to get more traction when its wet.
Mine are very slippery when wet, I have almost fallen on my ass a few times and from the height they are on my truck, that ain't cool. I need to lin-x the step white or shit. Yeah it doesn't happen much in AZ but last night when I was out wheelin after it was raining I almost fell a few times gettin in and out

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Mine are very slippery when wet, I have almost fallen on my ass a few times and from the height they are on my truck, that ain't cool. I need to lin-x the step white or shit. Yeah it doesn't happen much in AZ but last night when I was out wheelin after it was raining I almost fell a few times gettin in and out

That's exactly my problem, but I Have fallen on my ass.... I was thinking skateboard tape or some sort of grit like that working on a budget.

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
skateboard tape is a great/cheap alternative. I have seen alot of people weld expanded metal to their steps and then paint it, the skateboard tape loses all effectiveness with mud but works great for moisture.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
skateboard tape is a great/cheap alternative. I have seen alot of people weld expanded metal to their steps and then paint it, the skateboard tape loses all effectiveness with mud but works great for moisture.

I was thinking the tape but wasn't sure about it. The steps have been drilled with the holes having a lip on the topside. As cooldude was saying about spraying linex, I that thats a great idea, but I'm not in the position to use it. I didn't know if roll on bedliner would work, my only problem is getting it painted.

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Only problem with bedlining it is that once mud builds up on it, it will be slick as snot again. The expanded metal will still grip your shoes even with mud on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts