GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wanting to get another bed for my truck and keep my wheels. But my wheels dont have the right off set to tuck under stock bed sides. how can i figure out how much i need to narrow my rear end? My wheels are a +30 offset.... i dont know what that is in backspacing. But i want these wheels to tuck under stock bed sides and even clear when i go to BD the truck..

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im running the kp, so 3 inchs should be plenty. I was looking last night and i think a 1.5 will be fine. Just wanted to see what everyone else is doing.

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
how wide are your wheels?

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my wheels are 22x9.5's and have a +30 mm offset

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i talked to my dad and he said there is a guy in Dallas, TX that will narrow the rearend for like 125 and then each axle is like 75 each.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
yea that is cheap j rock, i know a guy in dallas for like 500 i think it was would do it.....lol does he know what hes doin this isnt like a first time thing is why its so cheap? lol jp

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea that is cheap j rock, i know a guy in dallas for like 500 i think it was would do it.....lol does he know what hes doin this isnt like a first time thing is why its so cheap? lol jp
haha shit i have no clue. That my be per inch though, i will have to ask my dad again and make sure thats what it is. I was debating on selling it and getting me something else but im just going to keep it... i think haha

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
haha shit i have no clue. That my be per inch though, i will have to ask my dad again and make sure thats what it is. I was debating on selling it and getting me something else but im just going to keep it... i think haha
haha its whatever, either way its gonna be tight, im still thinking about sell the ford and gettin another lifted truck....

·
Registered
415 Posts
if you are going to bd it later go 1 1/2 on each side three total. and youll be good and stillbe able to use thinks like the kp 6 link. dont know if you are but just saying. any more than that and i hear you may rub your four link

1 1/2 inches per side is the maximum that you can narrow the rearend axle tubes and still be able to run our rear system. Anything more then that and you will run into installation and tire clearance issues. If you still need a little more then you can always have the back side of the mounting surface on the rim turned down slightly. Or you could get a new set of rims that fit better and sell your old ones.

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha well i got these rims cuz the last ones i had were way off.. haha but yeah i was looking at it and 1.5" will be cutting it close. But i think that will be plenty.! thanks everyone for ur help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts