GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching but without success. Is there a upgraded or aftermarket upper control arm assembly for 99-07 1500 4wd trucks?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
yes but the only reasonably price one is from the vender on this site rough country, $250 shipped with ball joints

fts, cognito and any others are $450+

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
yes but the only reasonably price one is from the vender on this site rough country, $250 shipped with ball joints

fts, cognito and any others are $450+
Since when does RC make UCA's for NBS 4wd? They UCA's for more angle, or std. replacements? link?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Since when does RC make UCA's for NBS 4wd? They UCA's for more angle, or std. replacements? link?
have forever? not listed on their website but message the vendor on this site

·
Registered
292 Posts
Moog UCA. Their ball joints have 10 degrees more rotation than stock I do believe. Just put a set on my 01 sierra 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Riggs. I am looking for ways to strengthen the front end, and my upper ball joints and bushings are not causing problems, but they look worn. Just recently put a 6 bracket type lift, and replaced both lower ball joints, and pitman and idler arms. Next will be heavy duty tie rods.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks JEaston. My lowers are moog replacements, and they look way better than stock. RC definitely is the way to go. I searched other sites, and for other truck applications, they are 700 bucks and higher, granted they have the uni-ball type of joint.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you have a full drop bracket lift. I have a set of CST upper control arms with dual shock hoops as well as Bilstein shocks for them. I had them on my 2003 with a 6" Pro Comp lift. I don't have the truck anymore so I've got no use for them. Send me a PM if you're interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts