GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TooL
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using my truck for work/daily and i need more room. I noticed that the HD trucks have 2 piece rear seats. I was thinking that maybe I can use one of the seats and use the other side for storing crap. Are there different mounting points on both truck s?

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
I'm using my truck for work/daily and i need more room. I noticed that the HD trucks have 2 piece rear seats. I was thinking that maybe I can use one of the seats and use the other side for storing crap. Are there different mounting points on both truck s?
Any pics of the seats? If the Extended cab HD's are anything like the Crew Cab HD's then they'll have different mounting points. If I remember right the floor pans are designed different.

·
Young N Wreckless
269 Posts
There would be no way to put the seats from a crew cab into the back of an ext cab! The seats are way too deep and would more than likely mount up differently.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts

·
TooL
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, thanks for the input. Im trying to get ideas though... i just bought a Harbor Freight 90 amp flux core welder for my small projects. Maybe Ill figure out and design a frame that would sit 2 people.. from behind passenger to the other side of the hump until I save enough to buy me a real work truck. LOL you should see the faces on people when I pull up to there house to fix there heat/ac haha gangsta!
silvside1.gif

·
Young N Wreckless
269 Posts
I cut up and welded 2 benches together and made 2 bucket seats.. If that helps any..lol

·
TCBCK
567 Posts
Check the link in my sig
:drool:dude you got some skillzz...looks good! Now you should give us a price on the back seats and make some cash:imo.....Id get it done

edit: want it done

·
TooL
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cut up and welded 2 benches together and made 2 bucket seats.. If that helps any..lol
Exactly what i was thinking!:shake:

ok now im trying to see how I can do mine.. see mines a 3 door..

so Im sure my rear mounts differ from yours. Like on the rear passengers it higher on the hump... im sure same as yours.. but rear passenger mounts on the lower on the foot level ground... blah im fuckn tired now and probably not making sense... tomorrow i can get better pics..

BUT I only want to do the passenger side only at least for now! So will the original mounting bracket and location be fine to hold up the entire seat? I doubt it.. prolly have to fab something up for the other side right?

·
Young N Wreckless
269 Posts
Welding 2 benches together gives I the mounting brackets on both sides. I used each one and drilled holes in the floor board, ran grade 5 bolts through a 1/8 in sheet of steel then through the floor to give it extra support. It's really not hard once you have a plan laid out in your head or on paper.

·
TooL
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alrrrrrright..i think i got it.. im well rested now lol.. ok so each individual seat now.. is 1 full oem bench cut down?
So thats 2 full benches cut down to make 2 individual buckets right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts