GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has any pics of a forward firing under seat sub box? looks like there will be about 1.75cu ft under there was thinking of doing 2 8" skar audio 8 ' under there and ported. looking for ideas and feedback on how they sound if you did them. I've never had anything under a 12" sub so this will be new for me. O and just fyi my system right now is just a deh-80prs going to a 500w 4 channel that powers a 6 1/2 and a set of tweets ( sorry forgot brand it's been a while) just looking to add a nice set of lows.

·
Registered
8,326 Posts
i have dual 8's under my rear seat in f150. Close to same spec. Love them. Sundown E8v2's off an alpine mrp-500

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
just wondering if anyone has any pics of a forward firing under seat sub box? looks like there will be about 1.75cu ft under there was thinking of doing 2 8" skar audio 8 ' under there and ported. looking for ideas and feedback on how they sound if you did them. I've never had anything under a 12" sub so this will be new for me. O and just fyi my system right now is just a deh-80prs going to a 500w 4 channel that powers a 6 1/2 and a set of tweets ( sorry forgot brand it's been a while) just looking to add a nice set of lows.
I'll save you the trouble and tell you not to bother with Skar 8's. For a box that big you'll be lifting the seat for sure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I use to use sundown until I got my vvx 15 which I adore. this was like 2 or 3 years ago. skar just had better customer service and I stuck with them. I would also go back to digital design I just like seeing product on a website for some reason

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
well I use to use sundown until I got my vvx 15 which I adore. this was like 2 or 3 years ago. skar just had better customer service and I stuck with them. I would also go back to digital design I just like seeing product on a website for some reason
The VVX isn't a Skar product, sort of. The VVXv2 is, and it sucks, along with everything else in their line up in the last 2 years. It's easy to have good customer service when you don't do anything but peddle product. No R&D, no product testing, no recones. Warranty one or have a problem with one and see what you get. It's gonna be a box of loose parts, not a drop in, literally loose parts. Why you ask? They don't know how to build a sub, but use the excuse "we don't have time for that". So he has time to sell you something new, but doesn't have the time to support what's out there? That seems like bad customer service to me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The VVX isn' t a Skar product, sort of. The VVxv2 is, and it sucks, along with everything else in their line u
p in the last 2 years. It's easy to have good customer service when you don't do anything but peddle product. No R&D, no product testing, no recones. Warranty one or have a problem with one and see what you get. It's gonna be a box of loose parts, not a drop in, literally loose parts. Why you ask? They don't know how to build a sub, but use the excuse "we don't have time for that". So he has time to sell you something new, but doesn't have the time to support what's out there? That seems like bad customer service to me.

so I didn't have to deal with a return or anything my vvx has been fine and still I just don't use it anymore cause I sold my suburban. not trying to sound like a dick, but since your a sundown rep it looks like, why not try and promote your company with how good your product and customer service us instead of bashing another company. I'm still new on here so I really don't know who the "senior" members are so I really can't go off that. just a suggestion. but in all ears to hear about sundown I'm just looking for something that will match up to a 1.75cu ft box under the seat that will give a good low.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
so I didn't have to deal with a return or anything my vvx has been fine and still I just don't use it anymore cause I sold my suburban. not trying to sound like a dick, but since your a sundown rep it looks like, why not try and promote your company with how good your product and customer service us instead of bashing another company. I'm still new on here so I really don't know who the "senior" members are so I really can't go off that. just a suggestion. but in all ears to hear about sundown I'm just looking for something that will match up to a 1.75cu ft box under the seat that will give a good low.
That's everyone's excuse. "He's a rep he just wants to push product"

Well I'm not a sundown rep nor do I know anyone personally from sundown. But look what I use. I use it for a reason.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not doubting sundown is a good company. I haven't been in the market for subs in almost 3 years so I'm clueless now. but bashing another company is not going to sway me towards yours. I'd rather be sold on, hey you should try this because......, in the past I loved digital design, but when I was looking for another sub a few years ago skar was very helpful and won my business and I was happy with the product. I also have a re sex which I don't care for anymore which is why I came here looking for suggestions cause I feel like a noob again, I mean hell I'm still going to use a hifonics Brutus to power the sub that I've had forever.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Depending on space an power is look into sundow sd2 8, sa8, and tantric md8

I have used all of them

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Your VVX has been fine because it was nearly a Sundown product, that's when Skar was a Sundown design. You may notice I said "Don't buy Skar" not "don't buy Skar and buy Sundown from me instead". There are things to specifically stay away from. I also gave you facts that are verifiable from other people, that's not bashing, that's informing. You can think I'm a dick and not buy Sundown from me, that doesn't mean you can't buy Sundown at all. So regardless, you thinking I'm a dick shouldn't be a factor in your product decision, the facts should be. Everybody else here can tell you how good my product is and how good my customer service is, I just don't sugar coat and spoon feed, I'm direct.

I'm not doubting sundown is a good company. I haven't been in the market for subs in almost 3 years so I'm clueless now. but bashing another company is not going to sway me towards yours. I'd rather be sold on, hey you should try this because......, in the past I loved digital design, but when I was looking for another sub a few years ago skar was very helpful and won my business and I was happy with the product. I also have a re sex which I don't care for anymore which is why I came here looking for suggestions cause I feel like a noob again, I mean hell I'm still going to use a hifonics Brutus to power the sub that I've had forever.
Here's generally how things go with Sundown and Skar comparisons. I say "I recommend ______ because ______" then you look at Skar's website and see what is cosmetically near identical to the Sundown product I recommended, for cheaper. Skar's entire business model is "copy Sundown", literally every product they make, everything they do. They're cosmetic copies, not exact copies. He cheapens it up so he can ride coat tails and take sales because they look the same, regardless of how they perform. That's what you've been missing in the last 3 years, that's what has happened in the last 3 years.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
You will see. If sundown has a new sub or design that came out, wait a month and skar will come out with something that looks identical but the rms ratings are 1-200 watts more.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts