GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kickstand
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a NBS 99 Silverado and the drivers side and paasenger side power windows go up so slow and now the passenger side needs help going up. Any ideas on how to fix this? Do I need to buy new widow regulators? Please help!

·
North Raised, South Bound
4,376 Posts
Should just be weak motors/regulators. Mine go up slow too.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
new motors, and make sure everything is clean, mine do the same thing and I belive some of it is from mudding and it getting in the door, as I noticed the got even worse and needed help after power washing.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Spray some Silicone lube spray down the channels of the door for the glass. If that doesn't help a bit, then you will need to take the assembly out and spray some white lithium grease on the tracks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i would suggest new regulators (why not call them motors) and tracks. i put just new motors in and i was disappoint with the changes. i suspect it is the track binding even though i coated everything with some heavy grease. i think the tracks get worn out and then thats it. on the plus side its very easy to do (hardest part is putting the window back in the weather stripping correctly so make sure to take a picture or study it carefully). you need to take the door panel off (disconnect all the lights controls and speakers) then you drop the window down and undo the two bolts on the clips holding the glass. you may need to peel the top of the weather stripping out so you can slide the glass out the top. then unbolt the regulator and tracks and slide the tracks together then take out the opening at the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
^ the regulator and motor are two different things. the track is the regulator and the motor is the motor. if you're replacing them buy them as one part with the motor already attached to the regulator. also tape the window in the up position and leave it there. you don't have to do anything with the weatherstripping. just unbolt the window from the regulator and remove and repeat putting the new one in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts