GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re these considered welded? I just looked real quick and snapped some shots. Looking into 2" drops shackles,my truck as well as some others on here, is kinda weird. 2wd with blocks in the rear and a torsion bar front. The blocks will be removed also as soon as I can get some U-bolts. Any help is appreciated. It's an '06 sierra crew BTW.

Blocks

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
the unit that the shackle bolts to is riveted to the frame. you do not need to remove that to replace the shackles just remove those two long bolts and replace with new drop shackle. if you set the shackles at 2 in drop and remove the block that should be four in drop depending on size of block i think they are two inch. then just measure and see how long of u bolts you need and go to offroad shop or dealer and get new ones for 2wd rec cab truck
hope that helps

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :shake: Just don't want to go cutting out any rivets quite yet. Now I just have to get some spindles, bump stops, and shocks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great point. There won't be much travel and I hate all that wheel gap for a 2wd. You wouldn't happen to know how GM's warranty department feels about notches would ya?

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Great point. There won't be much travel and I hate all that wheel gap for a 2wd. You wouldn't happen to know how GM's warranty department feels about notches would ya?
They will laugh in your face if anything ever goes wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts