1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
264 Posts
Personally, I would just get them Line-X'ed and never have to worry about it.

I used to have some Wade smooth caps on my truck, and after a while they start to warp from the heat. Mine also cracked on both ones by the bed, not sure what it was from.

Also, they are a PAIN when you wash/detail your truck. Water gets up in them, and drizzles out for quite some time randomly.

·
Fa Kin Su Pah
5,583 Posts
thats not the correct cap for a crew. if that is the actual product. my crew has the bed indented for the cap and doesnt have that ugly crap on the back by the tailgate

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty sure the pic isnt for the actual thing, thats why I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them though. as far as line x, that would pretty much defeat the purpose of smooth/painted, id just leave the stock black textured....

·
Fa Kin Su Pah
5,583 Posts
i believe zero done his. he said they are denali caps that are painted. no idea what the difference is

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought those exact caps because my factory caps warped from the heat. They aren't bad and look pretty good but I doubt they will last, I just bought them as a temporary measure until I can decide what to do about the bed rails. You'll see what I'm talking about in the pics.

2011-04-25163656.jpg

2011-04-25165308.jpg

2011-04-25181951.jpg

2011-04-25182003.jpg

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pmed zero to see if he had a p/n but got no reply. How do they look on the back side near the tailgate on yours? I wish I could have them replaced with regular bed sides, but don't have that kinda coin.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's definitely better than stock. Wish they'd be sturdy enough to be painted and hold up. Hate gm for that feature lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, I was a little surprised when I started removing my stock caps, then I was a little pissed when I realized what a shitty set up it was.

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
I pmed zero to see if he had a p/n but got no reply. How do they look on the back side near the tailgate on yours? I wish I could have them replaced with regular bed sides, but don't have that kinda coin.
Look for a wrecked 6.5ft bed and then have the bed rails put on yours. I shaved my bed rails on my CC, but it still looks like shit imo.

Pic from the back.

2011-07-03203247.jpg
How do they mount to the bed?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder if I get the double sided pads like on the molding if they'd last longer. Definitely feel you on the summer heat Haha. I'd love to do the rails. But the trucks the daily, I can't weld, and I'm no body man. Haha. Maybe one day when I grow up. Lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts