GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the nerve to start on the new Audio build for my CC Denali. Here's the cut pic's and the box before it went in. The box was donated from my NBS Yukon Denali that I sold last summer. Added the wrap around band to the front of the box and painted it with bed liner. Fit's perfect between the rear wheel wells.

List of Components:

Kenwood Double Din/ w Pac Audio Pro 5 GM11 interface.

FOCAL KRX2 6.75 Components for the front Doors, Moved tweeters to Factory A-Pillar Pods, Pics Coming.

Fosgate Power T2652's for the rear doors
Fosgate Punch Old School Tweeters in the rear pillar moldings.
Fosgate Audiophile 3.5" Center Channel in factory pocket location.

Memphis Mojo 15" dual 2 ohm's in 3/4 MDF Ported Enclosure

Audison VRX 6.420 amp for mids & highs
Memphis Mojo MC 16-2000d. Sub Amp Underrated @ 2 ohms.

Amp rack under rear bench seat. Pic's Coming

Dual Alternators, older DC power unit, 2 optima batteries, 0 Gauge power and grounds, Monster Cable Pro RCA's. Tons of Sound Deadener, speaker wire, & shat ton of Labor.

IMG_20140626_075727879_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140626_075715665.jpg

IMG_20140628_205500668.jpg

IMG_20140628_205507869.jpg

DSC04614.jpg

DSC04616.jpg

DSC04618.jpg

DSC04620.jpg

DSC04637.jpg

DSC04633.jpg

DSC04632.jpg

DSC04635.jpg

DSC04634.jpg

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
why dual alts?

And lose the optimas, those will hurt more than help

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using the Optima's not by choice, they were left over from my other Denali. Looking for an XS or Kinetic for the 2nd battery.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Using the Optima's not by choice, they were left over from my other Denali. Looking for an XS or Kinetic for the 2nd battery.
xs > kinetic

just make sure you dont keep the optimas in

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Always wanted to do a blow through but could never cut the hole. What are you going to do with the rear wall plastics and carpet?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always wanted to do a blow through but could never cut the hole. What are you going to do with the rear wall plastics and carpet?
I cut the vent baffles and covered the openings with trunk liner material, so they are now flush with the rear cab pillars. I have a trim piece out of MDF that sits below the OEM trim panel on the back wall. I need more pic's will up load some tonight. I trimmed all the audio what nots in black since I am running an Escalade Black Dash Cap and Black Suede Headliner.... Wrapped the A pillars in suede too.

I was skeptical but so far, no leaks of any kind, and the sound in a crew cab is amazing !

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Nice man! Would love to see more pics. And as for now I am going to have a custom center console made to go between my rear captain chairs

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Updated pics. Not sure why those rear pics of the tweeters looks like kinda trippy! Still have a few items left. The speaker wiring at the Audison still needs to be tidied up. Currently running as a 4 channel, haven't figured out how to get it to RUN 6 channel stereo yet.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
I like.. are you not going to have a backseat? Why the port on the far said and not center- just because using the old box?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like.. are you not going to have a backseat? Why the port on the far said and not center- just because using the old box?
Backseat is back in just like factory. The box has the port on the far right hand side of the box since it was built for my Yukon XL, which faced the rear hatch. I might build another in the near future. That's sizable hole in the cab wall. Not sure that it matters if the port is right in the center or not. It moves a lot of air as is. This is my first experience with ported enclosures where the subs face forward.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Backseat is back in just like factory. The box has the port on the far right hand side of the box since it was built for my Yukon XL, which faced the rear hatch. I might build another in the near future. That's sizable hole in the cab wall. Not sure that it matters if the port is right in the center or not. It moves a lot of air as is. This is my first experience with ported enclosures where the subs face forward.
I was just wondering if you were going to put the entire backseat in or leave a hole somewhere

·
496BB
1,749 Posts
Subd

Sent from my Big Block iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice work. Thanks for posting. I just re-did the one in my 02 Silverado. Also chose to run Focals. I'm very pleased with the sound quality and setup.

I decided to go a slightly different route with my CC later this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts