GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Gmc Crew Cab Sierra 1500, and I installed SpringTech 2" Coil spacers. The problem is I installed them on the top of the Coil Spring just like you would with Ready lift and Daystar spacers. Then i was reading on a website that the SpringTech spacers go on the bottom of the coil spring to the lower control arm. Can anyone give me any info, i called spring tech and they told me they go on the bottom. But has anyone else installed them on the top, and is it worth re-doing the install and getting another alignment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Lifted 2wd club
1,137 Posts
Coil spacer on the bottom huh......could just be me but ive never heard of that one.....the coil pocket is flat and has the tapered edge to hold the coil centered in place, as with a typical coil spacer also. I dont know if i would trust anything that moved my coil out of the grooves in the lower control arm....If the spacers are flat on one side then yes they stay on the top.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They came with no instructions, so i put them on just like the previous daystar coils i had on. Then I was just searching the web and one place had that the springtech coils fit into the bottom of the spring bucket. So i was unclear on what this meant so i called suspension max and it sounded like he was trying to tell me that they go under the spring..i never heard of this before so i have mine on the top of the coil spring to the spring cup, so i am just trying to get some advice.

·
Lifted 2wd club
1,137 Posts
Yeah im almost positive you have them in there correctly. Ive never heard of them going on the bottom unless the spacer is curved on one side to sit in the control arm, and cupped on the other side for the spring to sit into. You should be fine man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine are installed on the top. If you put them in the bottom there is nothing to hold them in and your coil looks like it would shimmy right out of there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i agree it looks like if you put them on the bottom the spring would slide out..... so to take care of everything i went ahead and ordered some Procomp 2"spacers LL-3025 and some Procomp ES3000 series shocks and will re-do the install and take the springtechs off.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts