GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Gmc Crew Cab Sierra 1500, and I installed SpringTech 2" Coil spacers. The problem is I installed them on the top of the Coil Spring just like you would with Ready lift and Daystar spacers. Then i was reading on a website that the SpringTech spacers go on the bottom of the coil spring to the lower control arm. Can anyone give me any info, i called spring tech and they told me they go on the bottom. But has anyone else installed them on the top, and is it worth re-doing the install and getting another alignment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They came with no instructions, so i put them on just like the previous daystar coils i had on. Then I was just searching the web and one place had that the springtech coils fit into the bottom of the spring bucket. So i was unclear on what this meant so i called suspension max and it sounded like he was trying to tell me that they go under the spring..i never heard of this before so i have mine on the top of the coil spring to the spring cup, so i am just trying to get some advice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i agree it looks like if you put them on the bottom the spring would slide out..... so to take care of everything i went ahead and ordered some Procomp 2"spacers LL-3025 and some Procomp ES3000 series shocks and will re-do the install and take the springtechs off.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.