GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a NBS CC, what options are there for straight suspension lifts. BD are not wanted, just all suspension lift, Thinking around a 7-9". I see alot of talk on the pro comp, Cognito etc. What best quality wise for a DD, and do any of them ride decent??

Like some incite from people with 7" or slightly bigger lift on ride quality adn performance...thanks guys!

·
2,325 Posts
I have the ProComp 7" on my 06' 2wd CC. The truck is also my DD. I like the kit and have no issues. I am currently running 35" tires as well. The only thing I wish I would have done is gone ahead and just upgraded to the MX6 instead of the ES3 shocks it came with. It rides good, but from what I have heard it could ride better. I personally really like my stance as it sits right now. For the price I would go ProComp but if money isnt an object Cognito or FTS would be the next choice to allow for a taller tire.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
3 kits come to mind
if on a budget get the rcx 6. its a great kit should cost you around a grand
if not the best kit imho is the cst 6-8.
the cognito 7-9 is also a great kit.

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Cognito 7"-9", also has additional accessories for steering & such! Worth it :imo

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry a 4wd...i Want to run 37's and 18's if possible, Id probably be better off going cognito 10" that way i dont have to crank the 7"....

Sorry for ym 4wd stupidy, im use to going to other way, How is everyone doing the rear? 6" Deavers and 4 " Blocks?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
sorry a 4wd...i Want to run 37's and 18's if possible, Id probably be better off going cognito 10" that way i dont have to crank the 7"....

Sorry for ym 4wd stupidy, im use to going to other way, but on cognito's site they list the front kits....wheres the rear?
the 10" cognito not cranked on 37s would be a good choice. would let you have a better ride and not wear out parts as fast and should look good. heres a link to there rear options http://cognitomotorsports.com/store/page50.html if it was me i would put some 8" springs in the back on top of the factory 2" block if your wanting it level.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
well if your wanting 37s the yes the big cognito all day long like others said they make the better steering components aswell. i did it the cheap way, 6 inch suspension and 3 inch body on 18s and 37s.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the last thing i want is a BL, it exposes the ansty frame rails etc, and this truck will be thrown through the worst Canadian winters

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
CST, Bulletproof, cognito or fts all make good kits that are higher than 6".

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ideal like to run 17's possibly 18's. 37's, what rim width and backspace does everyone rub. Prob run 37x12.5 BFG AT's....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts