GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just picked up a 2006 Chevy CCSB and wanted a sub enclosure for behind his rear seats, so I started on it today.

It started out as he wanted to use his 2 10" Type R's but I told him they would be about a half inch too deep. He said try it anyways so to save some space in an attempt to fit them I used 1/2" MDF against my better judgment. I figured I would just brace the hell out of it to try and help.

I got the enclosure done to where I would know if the Type R's would or wouldn't fit, and they didn't. :blah: (By about half inch) :hahano:

So I stopped until he figures out what subs he wants to get instead. I recommended some shallow mount RE SL's because I really like my SX

Anyways, some pictures:

DSC_8992.jpg

DSC_8993.jpg

DSC_8995.jpg

It fits in behind the seats very snug, I'll end up countersinking whatever he gets.

Don't know if he wants it ported or not but I'll figure that all out if he does.

Box is 2.0036507ft^3

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
2 JLAudio 13TW5 subs FTW.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
TRUCKMODCENTRAL.COM
574 Posts
Nice work!

·
CC With 5.5/9 drop
1,866 Posts
56" wide x 12" tall- 5 1/2" wide at the top of the box and 7 5/8" wide at the bottom.

I also have some routing to do on the box, just waiting till he decides what woofer he wants.
Awesome, I'm building my box for my cc in a couple weeks, It will have 2 8" DDs pushed by a DD amp. I can't wait to hear how it sounds. :shake:

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
2 JLAudio 13TW5 subs FTW.
:word:

the gf's uncle has one in his nnbs sierra denali and it sounds great

Awesome, I'm building my box for my cc in a couple weeks, It will have 2 8" DDs pushed by a DD amp. I can't wait to hear how it sounds. :shake:
what series? good sq and overall quality. but $$$$

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
build me one next?

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well he ended up buying a Kenwood 12" Shallow mount. Which turned out to be a massive pain in the ass because I built the box for 10's. I had to do some heavy modification to make the 12 work but it ended up getting lucky :LOL: and so did he by me not having to build a new one.

Only problem is that we got it in his truck and his amp was being goofy so I couldn't hear how its sounds ported. Oh well, I will troubleshoot some more tomorrow, I think it's the amp though.

Truck its going in, those wheels are off his old truck. He's getting some other 20's and AT's I believe.

DSC_9008.jpg

What I came up with to fit the 12
DSC_9002.jpg

Free hand :imo

DSC_9004.jpg

DSC_9028.jpg

DSC_9030.jpg

DSC_9039.jpg

It fits in there tight :imo Port is on the other side, its 1 3/8"x20 13/16"x11 1/2"

DSC_9041.jpg

·
2,325 Posts
Looks good man. Nice lucky save as well with the change in size. Anxious to hear how it sounds when you get the amp figured out.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks good man. Nice lucky save as well with the change in size. Anxious to hear how it sounds when you get the amp figured out.
I can't wait either. I have a Kenwood amp laying around that will work with that sub, might try it tomorrow.

Also, I had to trim the plastic piece that snaps into the back wall, trying to talk him into vinyling it, but he want to do carpet.

Should look 10x better when its covered.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Were you able to get everything hooked up today? If so how did it sound?
Yeah, I lent him my Kenwood amp I had sitting around. His amp is fried :rofljest:

It sounds really good, not anything near as loud as my RE SX 12" but I have a 4000 watt amp and 1100 Watts RMS running through mine. His is 450 watts RMS and 1200 watts max, plus his is a shallow mount. I think part of it might be his 20 dollar line out converter, the bass falls off quickly if turned up more than a third of the way. Overall I wasn't disappointed and neither was he.

·
2,325 Posts
Good deal man :thumbsup:

I cant wait to get to doing my rig eventually. Raamat it first then go to town on the whole system. Alot of decisions need to be made though. I dont think I'm going to go for super loud bass like I used to, I think I will end up with either on 10 or 12 just to have the fill and keep it sounding clean.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts