GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
always wanting ,never get
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got another question, i found a really nice bagged NBS silvy on mautofied.com the only prolem is its a v6 and i dont roll that way.i need a5.3 to be happy see i know places up here that sell engines "rancho cordova auto recyclers" but is it possible. would i need to replace the tranny and the rear end cuase the v8 would probably be too much for all the components on the truck right? what do you guys think? ill have about $3,000 to do this if i get the truck is it a waste of money/ im confused and getting desperate for a truck. i was on mchenry last night and 3 guys rolled by me in my ladies neon hitting therebags in the trucks and me looking like a fag,damn it ! well thanks again for teh help gus steer me in teh right direction i have faith in my gmfs friends

·
Registered
94 Posts
from just looking at the engine bays, everything seems to be in the same spots and suspension and all seems to be the same

I would assume motor mounts, exhuast, and hoses will be all you need.

·
Registered
94 Posts
you also need a new tranny, the v6 one could hold but I doubt for much punishment, the bellhousings are different too

i think the rearends are the same

·
Registered
94 Posts
Whifflebat said:
rear end is definitly the same, i thought the tranny was the same too...4l60e....
both are 4L60e trannies, but the internals are different and bellhousings are different.

a guy I know got his OBS 4.3 vortec converted to a ls1 and he needed new mounts (pic below), so I think you have to also for the NBS

C1500CM2.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
oh yah, and if your looking for LS1/LT1 motors, www.hpsalvage.com is a great place to get stuff. But it looks like you live pretty far away

the guy who runs it doens't cut any hoses or wires, I think last time I checked a decent mileage LS1 w/tranny and wiring harness went for ~3600
but that was ~2 years ago

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
mo-town :head2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
some 88-98's need the plates, but no NBS trucks need plates. its a straight swap, no mounts needed, and the harness/wiring is virtually the same. i believe you can ride around on the trucks pcm tune even with an LS1. "Scream" did it for a while i think, but he has edit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts