GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
88&99 fullsize
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the paint has faded and cracked on the cap that is on top of the front bumper.I am going to have it repainted. How hard is it to take off. Do I need to take the bumper off to get the painted cap off? How is it fastend, with glue ,3m tape or what?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I think its held on by the plastic tabs that are a PITA to reach to get them all out... Just get under the truck and look, I dont think the whole bumper needs to come off, but it maybe easier to take it off so you can reach the tabs...

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
i have a 2000 sierra and i just painted my bumpers. all they are held in there is little clips. just squeeze them and push out. it is really easy to get to and get off. good luck

·
88&99 fullsize
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fullthrottledan said:
i have a 2000 sierra and i just painted my bumpers. all they are held in there is little clips. just squeeze them and push out. it is really easy to get to and get off. good luck

thank for the help!!

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i would just take the bumper off, shouldnt take more than a few minutes, all you need is a 15mm socket and a ratchet. and some tools to take the grille off. when the bumper is off the truck it is much easier to take the cap adn airdam off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts