GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a 1999 Chevy silvy. (non hd). We had a terrible hail storm so it damaged the exterior of the truck badly. But instead of putting everything back the same way, I would like to change the hood for an hd hood and the grille for and HD grille as well. Is this possible? Thanks.Charlie.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
hood is direct swap hd grill wont with out the bumper cap and the bumper lowered an inch with custom bracketts

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
My dad has a 1999 Chevy silvy. (non hd). We had a terrible hail storm so it damaged the exterior of the truck badly. But instead of putting everything back the same way, I would like to change the hood for an hd hood and the grille for and HD grille as well. Is this possible? Thanks.Charlie.
Here is a before and after pic of an HD Hood on my 02. The HD hood is also an 02. If you're looking for an 01-02 HD hood at a wrecker make sure the truck it came from has option code HVY.

Before
Picture513-1.jpg

After
Picture531.jpg

Picture536.jpg

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Also have to cut here.

and the outer most brackets on the bumper that the J shaped support mounts to will need a hole drilled in them since the bumper is orginally higher so the bolt hole wont line up. Also its 1 1/4" which is what i lowered mine and it was perfect no gaps.

Then you get this :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts