GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Silvy NBS CCSB 5.3L Owner
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 8K lows for a couple years. I recently swapped and changed to 6K lows. I'm really impressed and thinking about doing the HID Fogs conversion.

Is there a write up available on doing the HID fogs conversion? I thought I saw a sticky once on the HID fog light conversion. If so, can someone post it in this link for me?

Also, I think I have read before that the 9005 kit will work for the Fogs? Can someone verify that?

The fog light bulb size is 9145/H10.

·
*SELFMADE*
352 Posts
The fog light HID kid is the same as the Low beam fog it you just gotta get the right bulb same hook up same evreything. i suggest DDM tuning

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Exactly the same install as the lows, you just have to find a spot for your ballasts. I have 6000ks in my fogs, bulb 9005. I like them.

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for the help fellas...I was just wondering because once I thought I saw something about having to modify the connector of the Fog light and sealing the Fog light bulb hole with silicone. It could've been for some other kind of install.

I have 6K lows right now and I have had the 8K lows in the past like I said and I much rather the light color and output of the 6Ks. I have HIDgate lows and I'll either buy a HIDgate kit for the fogs or a DDMtuning kit. My old 8K kit was also a HIDgate kit. I have heard lots of good things about DDMtuning kits tho.

Now I need to master aiming them so they are not so over-bearing to other drivers. LOL

I'll get a pic posted of my 6Ks.

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
well looks like they took care of it already. good luck with the install, its very easy

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: NBS HID Fog Light Questions w/ Pix

I took a few pix of my lows tonight....they are 6K bulb temperature

Pretty much a close-up & straight ahead shot....
061109Lows006.jpg

Another pic from straight ahead alittle further back...I kneeled down to take this pic.
061109Lows007.jpg

I took this pic even further back than the one above and this time I took the picture standing up.
061109Lows003.jpg

Gotta love the clean white light! When I order and install my fogs I'll take more pix with both my lows and fogs on.

I just noticed that I need to update my Sig...to show now that I have 6K lows.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
I have 6K in my fogs and lows. Love them. used to have pink...lol

I used 9006 bulb size in the lows and fogs. just modified the fog light to make it work.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
So what bulb size do the 03-06 fog lights use?

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used 9005 HIDs for my fogs.
Yea 9005 is an easier bulb size to find than the 9145. It's my understanding from other threads that both work just fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts