GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have trailer tubs welded in and am about to start patching up the holes. Can someone post some pictures up of theirs? Thanks

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,914 Posts
In for pics also, but i just wanna minitub so theres no rubbing or anything...

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am currenty in the process of relocating stuff now and getting ready for tubs also. What size trailer fenders did you use?

John

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ones I got were like 11 inches wide. Just don't get the ones that are 9 inches cause they want be wide enough. Ebay was the cheapest place I could find them. Where do you plan on moving your fuse box and computer to?

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,914 Posts
Would the 9" wide ones work with a 5" or 6" front drop with 20x8.5 rims without having to relocate alot of stuff?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want to take your inner fenders out and put trailer fenders in there you will have to relocate the battery, overflow tank, and fuse box or make brackets for them to fit. I wouldn't think you would have to tub it for 20's. I had a 01 ext cab lowered 3 in the front with 24's and all i did was roll them up a little on the inside and it never hit in the front. I would lower your truck throw the rims on there then if it hits try to roll it up were it hits.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I plan to sandwitch it between the brake booster and battery. Basically up 2-3 inches, forward 3-4 inches and toward the motor about 4 inches. I have an EDC, so its going to be tight. After checking out the above link it looks like I going to need to mod the slides and bottom portion of the box too. Going to check out EBAY for fenders now. Thanks

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,914 Posts
Was mostly wanting to just make sure there was tons of room for a maybe even lower drop than 5" up front. But it would be more trouble than worth i guess..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts