GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The nnbs interiors are wider than the nbs so you will have to "trim". A local shop put a nnbs duramax interior, driveline and frame on to a 72 chevy, but the had to cut and extend the body in a few different ways.IIRC the had to stretch the cab lenght ways 6' and widen the whole truck 5". Here are some pics.

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture013.jpg

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
^^ wow, thats impressive...I figured since the mounting holes were the same the seat width would be the same?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
^^ wow, thats impressive...I figured since the mounting holes were the same the seat width would be the same?
Don't do it unless you have a plan in motion and have it ready to do with fabricating materials and equipment....First thing comes to mind:
1. Seat belt tickets galore
2. Unsafe vehicle ticket
3. Truck towed because of #2

Have your old seats cleaned up then refined with katskinz covers. Or go to a junkyard and yank some seats that look in good shape...Or ebay some 99-02 seats.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Yeah its a really neat truck. If you closed your eyes while riding in it, you would swear that it was a rclb nnbs. Their was an ass of work put into this truck. That perticular shop has turned out some trick rides.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think katskinz may be out of the question- I just looked them up and they seem pretty pricey...I am going to go tomorrow and pick them up, atleast to re-sell them..180 for the entire front seat section seems pretty good.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I think katskinz may be out of the question- I just looked them up and they seem pretty pricey...I am going to go tomorrow and pick them up, atleast to re-sell them..180 for the entire front seat section seems pretty good.
Someone might as well take those seats for free at that price. :think:

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
'03-06 seats are even comfier. :imo

I'd find a set of those if I were you. That's what I plan on doing, cause my current seats are kinda worn down from getting in and out of the truck over the past ten years.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
'03-06 seats are even comfier. :imo

I'd find a set of those if I were you. That's what I plan on doing, cause my current seats are kinda worn down from getting in and out of the truck over the past ten years.
What's the difference between them? I noticed no comfort difference going between my 01 or my 03 (which actually had seats from an 07 Classic in it). I still have my original power 03 seats in the shop attic, but they have a tear in the drivers seat, I thought about using them if/when I get Katzkins, but only for the power feature, never noticed anything different other than that.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
What's the difference between them? I noticed no comfort difference going between my 01 or my 03 (which actually had seats from an 07 Classic in it). I still have my original power 03 seats in the shop attic, but they have a tear in the drivers seat, I thought about using them if/when I get Katzkins, but only for the power feature, never noticed anything different other than that.
i think the 03+ seats have more padding and a slightly different contour if im not mistaken...thats why they dont say seat covers from 99-07, they are always split 99-02 and 03+

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
i think the 03+ seats have more padding and a slightly different contour if im not mistaken...thats why they dont say seat covers from 99-07, they are always split 99-02 and 03+
I knew the covers were different, and the center section was stitched differently, but as far as comfort they both sat the same to me.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
damn that looks nice..i want a nnbs dash in my truck now :D Wonder what problem i would run into

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
You should get some 03+ door panels, and put power windows/locks

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
well this thread can end :crazy: decided to go with Iggee seat covers and trying to find an 08+ jumpseat ...Stupid nnbs seats not having integrated seat belts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The nnbs interiors are wider than the nbs so you will have to "trim". A local shop put a nnbs duramax interior, driveline and frame on to a 72 chevy, but the had to cut and extend the body in a few different ways.IIRC the had to stretch the cab lenght ways 6' and widen the whole truck 5". Here are some pics.

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Do you have any more info on this build? I have a 72 suburban and i'm wanting a nnbs dash in it....thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may do this- However, I would love to keep the seats but i need to find a seat belt solution
I think this is kind of an old post but has anybody found a solution to the seatbelt I got a Suburban two tone leather tan Center black or gray on the outside but I have integrated seat belts and it doesn't if anybody found a solution please let me know also can I just remove that leather and put that leather on my seats that I have now that are cloths they're in good shape I would just have to make the seat belt area look good which I think it's doable cuz it's leather and you can cut and sew it anybody done that leather swap with a olds seat before it's a 06 suburban and a 05 crew cab Silverado. And if so is it possible to swap the seat power adjustments my 05 Silverado has the lower seat that moves but the Suburban has full power I just wish I could move the seat belt cut a slit in the pillar plastic and put the seat belt back there help please I need leather seats

21 - 39 of 39 Posts