GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm going to a jump seat to a full center console do I just need the console of course and the glovebox? Or do I need the dash piece under the steering wheel too?

·
Registered
25 Posts
just the trim piece around the glovebox or you could cut the stock piece, i did. the piece underneath the steering column i didn't do (didn't need to) but my trucks an 02 maybe something is different in the 03 up trucks

·
Banned
33 Posts
As turbo said. Just the console and dash piece, or you can follow a members write up here on how to cut the dash piece from your existing piece.

I believe ITDROPT did the writeup.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I have a 06 BTW so the search continues for a good console.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No need to replace the panel under the steering column. I did remove it to just so I could see if there where any hidden fastners I needed to reach. The glove box piece came with my console so I just swapped it. You can just cut it. I mocked mine up with the stock panel just to see if it was difficult to cut. Its pretty self expalnitory once its in front of you. I have my stock glove box panel that I could send you if you didnt want to cut up your stocker. PM me if intrested. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No need to replace the panel under the steering column. I did remove it to just so I could see if there where any hidden fastners I needed to reach. The glove box piece came with my console so I just swapped it. You can just cut it. I mocked mine up with the stock panel just to see if it was difficult to cut. Its pretty self expalnitory once its in front of you. I have my stock glove box panel that I could send you if you didnt want to cut up your stocker. PM me if intrested. Good luck.
Thanks for the offer...I found a console that has the glove box piece with the center console and found another one with the under steering wheel piece. I wanted to make sure i didn't need the steering wheel peice before I make an offer on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts