GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I'm going to buy an LED bar for the truck this week and I need some answers and opinions. I'm thinking about a 30" bar but I'm not sure where to mount it. Originally I thought behind the grille but I want to know what else is out there. There's not very many NBS trucks in the official led thread with the set up I'm looking for. I have an 02. So if you have any ideas on where to mount this sucker, please speak up and post pictures. Also, what's the biggest size bar I can fit behind the grille?
Thanks!

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
A 30" could probably be stuffed behind the grill but be ready to cut metal and fab up your own mounts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I say go for a 30" behind the grill. Don't really think it would look right anywhere else. 50" bars on the roof look good on pre-runners but not much else. Spend the money and get a quality bar from Baja Designs or Rigid.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quality rigid. Lol. They use the same China parts.
Emphasis on the Baja Designs bar. The only reason I said rigid was because some people have good luck with them. If you catch them on a good day the customer service is decent. I would use Baja.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As much as I'd love a 50" on the roof I'm gonna hold that off until my next truck. I've never heard of Baja before. Might have to look into them for future lighting. Thanks guys

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,693 Posts
You could buy 5 China bars for the price that will last just and long

But I have a feeling that does not matter cus quality.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You could buy 5 China bars for the price that will last just and long

But I have a feeling that does not matter cus quality.
No so sure about that...regardless the Baja stuff actually has optics and decent beam. The ebay stuff just kinda throws light out there

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,693 Posts
No so sure about that...regardless the Baja stuff actually has optics and decent beam. The ebay stuff just kinda throws light out there
Not really. I agree they have great optics but there are very few truck on here that will out drive the China light bars. there are plenty of good China bars out there that will perform to 80-90% of that of the Baja designs for a fraction of the price. But if you are going to use the logic that all China bars are the same go spend your money.

Op will never out drive a China bar and not have to spend a grand on it. why spend 50% of the value of the truck on a light bar?

But please continue to use that logic and spend your money.

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
My RC 20" is plenty bright. Only $100 bucks too

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^Agreed. I'm not trying to spend half a ton on a light bar that will only be used for hunting and off-roading every now and then. I couldn't justify it.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a 50" on Amazon to put on his Polaris Ranger last September and it works flawless. At the time I think it was just over $100, the company he bought it from was (eyourlife). [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Eyourlife-30000LM-Light-100pcs-intensity/dp/B00F4MQJ5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425404587&sr=8-1&keywords=eyourlife+led+light+bar+50[/ame]
And since then he has bought several more that his customer's wanted and to my knowledge they work flawless also.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eyourlife has great pricing. I might do it in the future. Just depends on what kind of raise I get at the end of the month. I think I might go with a 20" bar or slightly bigger. I'm worried it won't fit. Does anyone have pictures of there nbs with their light bar mounted?

·
Registered
624 Posts
There was a member on here with a NBS 99-02 who put a 20 or 30 behind the gril.

He had to fab some simple brackets to make it work but it looked great.

I plan on doing one on my 04 Tahoe before summertime.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any idea who it was because I'd like to see that! I just went outside to measure things and try to figure out how to mount it the 30" and it's beyond me at this point. Anyone have ideas? I don't have the resources to fab up my own brackets

·
Registered
44 Posts
IDK how you could mount it unless you make your own brackets. Maybe look at pre-made brackets different manufacturers have for light bars already and you might be able to bend them a little differently and drill some extra holes to make it work.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts