GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have located a '99 Silvy in the junkyard with all kinds of stuff on it! Overhead console, seats, and best of all--complete power doors! :evil:

Has anyone converted a base model NBS truck to power doors? What all do I need to grab off of this truck? Should I get the whole doors? The outer skins are dented pretty bad, so I might be able to get the whole doors.

Any suggestions?

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
Depending on the price .. grab the whole door. I would guess there are some things you need in the dash or under the hood ... electrical wise

Here in by me at the junk yards you can put down $100.00 and you own the car/truck for a 2 weeks. Meaning, you are the only one who can pull parts off the car/truck for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i have done it. my truck came completely stock and i chenged it over to a LT setup. went to a junk yard just like you did and pulled all the parts myself. grab the wireharness, window regs and motors, connectors for the wiring harness (you may have to create your own relays..i did just cuz i know how :drool: )

it just takes time to do thats all but the end result is the satisfaction of something that you've done yourself and the fact thats its COOL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts