GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got a 2000 reg cab long box silvy and there's a gap between the fender and bumper in frontt of the wheel well. Any ideas or suggestion on how to fix it would be appreciated

I have no clue where to start so any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

·
GMFS Military Member
207 Posts
Way back when I had my 2000 silverado I too hated that gap. The way I fixed it was to pull the front bumper and me and my buddy put large washers to space up the bumper from the bumper brackets. The bitch of doing this mod is that there are these bull nose looking things on the front bumper brackets for what I assume is added impact protection. I had to torch those fuckers off otherwise when I spaced up the bumper they tried to push it out away from the grill. Id take pics but I sold the truck long ago..sorry. hope this helps. It definately makes the truck look better IMO. good luck

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Was the truck in an accident? I'd check to make sure the bumper brackets arent broken or bent. Theres only a few bolts holding it on so it shouldnt be hard to see what the problem is.

·
GMFS Military Member
207 Posts
Was the truck in an accident? I'd check to make sure the bumper brackets arent broken or bent. Theres only a few bolts holding it on so it shouldnt be hard to see what the problem is.
All early NBS have this gap/sag. Some can be worse than others. Spacing the bumper is an easy way to fix it

·
Registered
96 Posts
20-25 washers on the framehorn brackets fixes this issue. It raises the bumper and closes the gap. I did this to my truck when I upgraded front ends from an 02 to an 04.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Same here, I added spacers, I didn't have to torch anything off. Took me like 20 minutes with a friend

·
GMFS Military Member
207 Posts
Same here, I added spacers, I didn't have to torch anything off. Took me like 20 minutes with a friend
20-25 washers on the framehorn brackets fixes this issue. It raises the bumper and closes the gap. I did this to my truck when I upgraded front ends from an 02 to an 04.
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who half assed this with washers! LOL! I did this way back in high school and wasn't worried about bumpers protecting me in a crash...:hack:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks guys but where are these brackets located I dont see anything? Do i need to remove the plastic piece on top of the bumper if it even comes off? Do I need to remove the fender splash guard in the wheel well or do I remove the lower plastic valence?

Sorry Its my first truck and I have no clue

It may have been in an accident but I dont see any damage on the bumper and the sag is only on one side if that means anything

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
you have to pull the cover off the top of the radiator, pull the grill, and you will see a few of the bolts, the rest you get to by going under the truck, looking at where the bumper mounts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts