GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I screwed myself with my notch when I originally bagged my truck. I used an 8 piece notch and cut it down to fit under the bed. Well that didn't leave enough room for my rear to lay out. So I'm going to re-notch my truck, but what do I need to use? 2x2 3/16 or .25 wall? Or something else? Thanks in advance. I'm planning on doing this work this weekend. Picture would be great. I plan to still not cut my bed.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is what my current notch looks like now.
IM000479.gif

The blue line is where my original frame goes thru my notch. I would really like to cut all the green out and re plate the bottom and be done. Is that a good idea?
IM000479modified.gif

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
not to sure if youll lay out without a notch bigger... btw i love the fake exhaust :crazy: jp with you

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahah yeah those are gone now.

I've been told you can lay a nbs out with out cutting the bed? So how are peopel doing it? Everyone I've seen used 2x2 or something across the top of the frame thast basically what Im trying to do in a round about way.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
are your bag brackets at the top of the notch. that will give you a little room as it looks like your bag is fully compressed and you still have room between the notch and the axle. hint hint how much more do you need to lay. if what i stated above is true you may only need to relocate the bag mount up a little then cut no notch or very little of the notch. lets here some measure ments when your bag is fully aired out as it sits now. ie the distance between the bottom of notch and axle and distance from top of notch to bag bracket.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
4-link.jpg

dont know if its going to lay yet but i got rid of the whole frame over the axle. and a super-notch was put in. i think you have a good idea about just cutting more and boxing it in.

but as far as your bags go, i think they might flatten before you lay.

·
TurtlePusher
500 Posts
Here is what my current notch looks like now.
IM000479.gif

The blue line is where my original frame goes thru my notch. I would really like to cut all the green out and re plate the bottom and be done. Is that a good idea?
IM000479modified.gif

That is almost exactly what im going to be doing with my '94 except it is going to be a little deeper, like you are wanting to do yours. i bought some 3"x1/4" steel plate to make it.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the input guys. My bags will not be in that location when everything is done with. And Im going to take some more measurements and really get an idea of what is going to need to be done. I'll post pictures of everything when im done with the whole rebuild.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts