GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well being inspired by Glassman's new interior set-up Ive been EVEN MORE motivated to put in a overhead console. . . One problem though, I have an OBS. So, I figured if you guys think it will fit then I will call GM and see if I can order one for a decent price, or go to the junkyard and find a NBS with one. But before I spend time finding one, I wanted to know how it mounts and if you guys think it will fit the curve of my roof. Im going to glass it and make it hold my cd player IF there is enought room, dont know yet though, if not Ill think of something badass for it. But if anyone has any input, it is appriciated, thanks guys. . . :D :D

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I dunno if it would fit closely...but if you are glassin it, then im sure you could fix whatever lil gaps or whatever...ohh yeah, sounds like u got a pretty badass truck comin along for being only 16...if you haven't fiberglassed before, its not all that hard, just scary the first time...good luck with it and keep us posted.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I have no idea...and i don't think my dad would like it very much if i went out there and ripped his down rt now to find out...lol...sorry man. Im sure someone on here does tho.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
xtreme93fullsize said:
You wouldnt happen to know how it mounts would you?
The NBS overhead console (the big one) has one screw at the very front (windshield) and then two tabs at the back. To put it in, you slide the tabs in the back into two indentions in the roof, then the front screw lines up and you screw it in ... if your truck didn't come with one, I'm sure it wouldn't be much trouble to get it to work, worst case you might have to pull your headliner out and epoxy in a captive nut or two that you could screw up into and then make a few cuts in your headliner.

I think the OBS trucks, at least the later years, used the same console ... you might already have the monting holes under your headliner (a guess).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts