GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just temporarily I want to put my stock gas tank in the bed of my truck so I don't drag through it anymore than I already have.

So I have one question... Are all the lines long enough to extend into the bed? or do I have to make some longer?

And did you send all your lines through the drain hole in the bed or did you make another hole or make the drain hole bigger?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
for the amount of time and effort it's gonna take to do all of that you could just raise it up. cutting torch/sawall and 10 min of welding.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
yeah youll have a good inch and a half of clearance

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The thing with raising it is I have some electrical wires running right where one of the bars that need to be raised is.

So I just temporarily wanted to put the tank in the bed until I redo all my lines and shit.

A friend of mine said nothing had to be extended but I just wanted to double check...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Wow man, I mean the question is relocating the gas tank - meaning wires, lines, etc - or moving some wires that you could cut and splice? Shit man, move the wires and lift the tank. Don't overthink the situation.

Or you could curtail your dragging a smidge.

·
concrete *******
1,923 Posts
yea man you got a nice truck there don't ruin it w/a gaudy tank in the bed. throw some blocks on there so you don't go as low and just wait till you raise it. just my .02

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It would just be in the bed for about a month or so.

And it's not just because of dragging but the tank drags from just driving and hitting dips in the road.

It's just a pain in the ass to move everything to get to the spot to weld, I was told it would be much easier to just take the tank and put it in the bed... I heard nothing had to be extended or anything just unplugged and pulled through the bed...

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
It would just be in the bed for about a month or so.

And it's not just because of dragging but the tank drags from just driving and hitting dips in the road.

It's just a pain in the ass to move everything to get to the spot to weld, I was told it would be much easier to just take the tank and put it in the bed... I heard nothing had to be extended or anything just unplugged and pulled through the bed...
Its not that easy. There is not that much extra fuel line laying around under your truck. You will have to extend lines and wiring. Just do it right and be done. Why pull the bed twice for the same task? And why make your truck look bad in the mean time? Or why not drive a little higher and give yourself more clearance till you get it done?

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
man do you want the tank in your bed or something?

It's going to be a way bigger pain in the ass to put that thing in there, bust out the solder gun and lengthen your "electrical wires" and do it right.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
or just leave it and drag so we don't have to hear any more about your truck.

seems like everytime you ask something its a stupid question and you get stupid answers and you just bitch and ask but why not?

·
concrete *******
1,923 Posts
huh just realized you have a step side are you sure the tank will even fit in there width wise.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts