GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys needing some help. My buddy that is redoing my truck me has finally agreed to raise my stock tank, but he wants details instructions and pictures of how to do it. Help me out here guys. Thanks in advance.

Also anybody have pics of how they notched the bed crossmember?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
for the front crossmember, drill out the rivits holding it on. THen put a 1x2 peice of metal under it. Or you can use 1x1. 1x2 looks cleaner to me.

and for the rear, you will have to cut out the tube, replate the side and then weld it to the plate further up. And there you go, raised gas tank :)

amd here's one more pic of a different truck that we raised

all done by

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. What did you guys do with the little computer box or whatever it is thats mounted between the crossmembers over the drive shaft?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
mine is attached to that front cross member, so when that got raised it, it raised it up with it.

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
Sweet. What did you guys do with the little computer box or whatever it is thats mounted between the crossmembers over the drive shaft?
you can either leave it attached where its at or if it hits the bed floor you can relocate it behind the axel with some fuel line and extending the wiring harness

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I'm planning to do just making sure. I can't put it behind the axle, cause i just put all my air management stuff back there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts