GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching without any luck. Show me your regular cab setups w/subs, doesnt matter if you made a center console or they are behind the seat somehow. Post them up.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Here's what mine used to look like. I had to redo the amp rack because I went to a larger amp. Its 2 10's in sealed enclosures that I made and coated with bedliner material.

499403_16_full.gif

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I have 2 mtx 10's in a custom console. 2 amps hidden behind amp racks behind the seats, and polk components in the doors.
PDR_0716.gif

PDR_0715.gif

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how is the sound quality and DB level? I want to replace the door speakers also. I'm guess you can get VERY loud and still have great SQ

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
My old setup was the same comps and amps but i had 2 infinity 10s. I had custom enclosures and the amps were behind the middle seat. You can kind of see them in the pics.
Sub boxes
IM000128.gif

Passenger side
IM000137-1.gif

dirvers side
IM000139-1.gif

IM000138.gif

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
how is the sound quality and DB level? I want to replace the door speakers also. I'm guess you can get VERY loud and still have great SQ
I've never had my new setup metered. I went to Turkey drag 05 and my first one above metered at 98db and that pissed me off so i bough new subs and went down firing. But it does get loud and stays clear. Except my mids cause I have a rattling problem that associated with them and I can't find the problem.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
2 12s that are actually facing backwards. works awsome!
9-11-06011.jpg

9-11-06010.jpg

123021.jpg

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
im currently building a custom box out of the jump seat that will hold a 10" kicker.......pics will come hopfully soon

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
right now ive got 2 shallow mount 12's facing the seats, but i just got a box from another member, so its being switched over to two downfiring 10's.

Just need a good set of 10's that'll bump the hell out of the truck.

Dave

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
layinlow....are ur boxes wrapped in vinyl? i need to wrap mine in that and i have no experience, any advice would be sweet

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I have a Crew cab, but a custom center console. 1 JL 12W6.
John
yeah mines just like that, but smaller like the original seat size....i just need to cover it and its done, holds one 10" solobaric kicker

·
Registered
10 Posts
so uh this is all i have for a pic... its a sound splinter rli 10 downfiring in just under a cube sealed... havent covered it with anything yet... how do you guys do the vinyl covering? i was thinking about bondoing the areas where lips were made by my crappy cuts (damn i want a table saw) and puttin some carpet or vinyl over it... any advice would be appreciated..

oh and hey layinlow77 i never thought of you rear firing idea... you wouldnt happen to have any schematics of how you did that? cause the only thing i dont like about this downfiring box is how far forward i have to move my seat... im short (5'8") so i do alright but if someone else drives the truck its a squeeze for them.

here is the schematic for my box in solidworks...

and here is how i had it set up with the box facing the back of my seat... i fiberglassed the back to contour with the back of the cab but it ended up leaking and i decided downfiring would be safer for the sub..

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
how do you guys do the vinyl covering? i was thinking about bondoing the areas where lips were made by my crappy cuts (damn i want a table saw) and puttin some carpet or vinyl over it... any advice would be appreciated..

[/IMG]
You'd have a hell of a time putting vinyl on that without having it sewn or some seams. What I do is make an insert out of 1/4", mask it off, and sling bondo to it, that gives me a relief to pull my vinyl into, then I wrap the insert and push in place, I should do a write up one of these days on it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts