GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with what i want my subwoofer/amp/capacitor configuration to be. I am not at all familiar with system configurations in a reg cab cuz this is the first one I've owned. I'm only 5'9" so how much speaker could i cram behind the seat while loosing minimal leg room. Also, I already have a cap and 500w RMS amp that im not sure will fit under a seat. Should i only go with 1 12 or something and have my amp and capacitor mounted on the cab on the opposite side??

·
Registered
167 Posts
chech out sounddomain or cardomain and search under your vehicle year/model/and mabye you can get an idea of where to place things. it helped me out. some plp have two 12" subs and some have 10s. i got two 8" JL Audio 8w6 b/c im kinda tall and like my leg room.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
There is no reason to not go with two subs behind the seat rather than one.

I have two 12's behind my seat in a custom fiberglass box. I lost 2 notches on the reat rails and I'm 6'2".. it doesn't bother me too much.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I'm running 2 10's also and my suub amp is between them in a custom bosx. My mid and high amp is under my seat.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
L7 and I think it is dead. Not completely but it makes a bad buzzing noise at low volume, but it bumps nice when turned up. I may have some wires loose or something. IMO it doesnt sound near as good as I thought it should but it could be the box.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got the 8w6's because i made my subs down fireing vs. them being up against the rear seats. i could have used 10's but i messured it and i didnt like how close the seat would have been to the dash. alot of people have 10's or 12's facing the seat and the amp under the pass. seat or between the two sub boxes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
same here, 2 10s with the amp between.

Andrew

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yah Carbdogg has got the kinda setup i was lookin at cuz i already have an amp and cap from my ext cab, now i just need a box and new subs

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I forgot to post up some pics, so here ya go

2 12's and 2 1000 watt amps behind the seats.

DSC00531.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts