GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 2500hd with power/heated seats and i have bought power/heated seats out of 2008 silverado. I wired up the passenger side by splicing like wires and it works great, but the drivers seat is a little more complicated. The seat has 22 wires but the truck only has 9 wires? So can i just splice the big gauge wires to get the driver side to power up or has anyone done this before or have a wiring diagram for both? Thanks in advance!

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
I did this and never found a wiring diagram. driver side has to have three wires connected to make the seats move and lumbar to work. I know one was orange and I think one was blue and then the ground on my seats was brown not black. trial and error if you find a diagram post a link. I'd like to wire up my heated seats.

what are you doing about seat belts. your old seats had them built in. nnbs seats don't have them built in

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
if they do i got a set of front and rear nnbs seats. ebony cloth

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive tried almost every logical configuration of wiring on this thing and still no luck. Im going to try and see if the dealer has a diagram for both vehicle's seats and make something work. Of course im not worried about the heated seats nor the memory im just trying to power up the basic motor functions. Thanks everyone for their input. Has anyone else done this???

·
Registered
711 Posts
anyone know if nnbs rear seats fit in nbs?
i dont think they will. nbs rear seats have a bracket that mounts at the front and the rear of the seat. the seat bottom also folds forward and the back folds down (i think). the nnbs only mounts at the back so the seat can fold up towards the back

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I'm also curious about the seatbelt situation and what you plan on doing?

i dont think they will. nbs rear seats have a bracket that mounts at the front and the rear of the seat. the seat bottom also folds forward and the back folds down (i think). the nnbs only mounts at the back so the seat can fold up towards the back
My NBS ECSB rear seats only fold up towards the back?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im gonna figure up something fancy for the seat belts once i figure out whats up with this drivers seat. I already have the rear seats and passenger seat bolted in... They look really good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2011-10-31162543.jpg

2011-10-31162552.jpg

2011-10-31162601.jpg

2011-10-31185039.jpg

2011-10-31190739.jpg

Had to delete this memory module and all was well. Took me four hours to figure out the inputs and outputs of the module. I wish i would of had a diagram but at least its done now. Pics to come once i mount the fronts and make some custom seat belt mounts...

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
2011-10-31162543.jpg

2011-10-31162552.jpg

2011-10-31162601.jpg

2011-10-31185039.jpg

2011-10-31190739.jpg

Had to delete this memory module and all was well. Took me four hours to figure out the inputs and outputs of the module. I wish i would of had a diagram but at least its done now. Pics to come once i mount the fronts and make some custom seat belt mounts...
Fuck that is a lot of wires!!!!!

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
holy shit. would love to see a how to on this though. and do the seats bolt right in or did you swap frame track things

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The front seats did bolt right up and the back seat needed little modification. I really wouldnt know where to begin on the how to for the electrical wiring of the drivers seat. All i can tell you about it is that if you dont delete that module underneath it it will not work in your nbs truck no matter what anyone else says on here. Its electrically impossible. But you do keep the module that is from the old seats. You dont delete that one.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
No shit. all those wires looks intimidating, haha.

I'm still interested to see what you come up with on your own to do the seatbelts. Gonna just drill floor and b-pillar and get an aftermarket set of retractors? I can't really remember in my head what nnbs seatbelt units look like, but I don't remember them being self contained units...

Looks like you're gonna have to do a lot of two-toning to match the interior now too!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts