GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes it was intimidating for about 2 hours then i just started cutting and splicing lol. One side of the nnbs seat belts actually bolts to the side of the seat. The other end that goes to the pillar is going to be the tricky part but ill figure out a way to make it look factory. Also actually no two toning of the interior. Im going all black. Black carpet, headliner. Smoothing all plastics and painting them black. I already have my dark door panels installed. Im about to order the carpet this week and all my plastics are already sanded and primered. Just waiting to shoot some color and clear. Gonna look factory clean when im done.

·
Registered
711 Posts
what rear seats did you use?

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
The front seats did bolt right up and the back seat needed little modification. I really wouldnt know where to begin on the how to for the electrical wiring of the drivers seat. All i can tell you about it is that if you dont delete that module underneath it it will not work in your nbs truck no matter what anyone else says on here. Its electrically impossible. But you do keep the module that is from the old seats. You dont delete that one.
i just got your message, i use tapatalk on my phone and it doesnt show when I have a PM, there is a way to make this work without doing that, cause all i had was a hot and ground and mine work fine. I've yet to pull mine out to remember what color wires you have to connect.

Did you figure out which color wires ran the heated seat?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I used rear seats from a tahoe. Yea Jon i figured you didnt see my pm lol. About the seat wiring i tried everything before i decided to go the route i did but if it worked for you then could it be possible that the seat you used didnt have memory? Mine has the memory and heat options. Yea i did figure out the hrat wiring as well but ill have to look at it again i didnt remember the colors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Also Jon did you put these seats in a nbs truck because i see yours is an 08 not the 03-07 classic?

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
I used rear seats from a tahoe. Yea Jon i figured you didnt see my pm lol. About the seat wiring i tried everything before i decided to go the route i did but if it worked for you then could it be possible that the seat you used didnt have memory? Mine has the memory and heat options. Yea i did figure out the hrat wiring as well but ill have to look at it again i didnt remember the colors.
Also Jon did you put these seats in a nbs truck because i see yours is an 08 not the 03-07 classic?
my seats are just like yours. memory power sliding and heated. wouldn't matter what you put them in. nnbs has 12 volts just like a nbs. all I did was get power from the battery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If you havent put these seats in a nbs then the info your posting is misleading to nbs owners who thought about doing this. The thread title is nbs seats to nnbs seats. Not nnbs to nnbs. Hooking power and ground up to these in a nbs wont do anything...Reason being in short is because the input/outputs from the nbs memory module doesnt coincide with the input/output of the nnbs memory module. So the nnbs module must be deleted for use in a nbs truck. Im not trying to be rude but i didnt spend four hours trouble shooting and splicing wires if all i had to do was hook up 3 wires. Also im an integrated electronics mechanic by trade. I didnt just guess at what i was doing.

·
Registered
672 Posts
pics.

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
If you havent put these seats in a nbs then the info your posting is misleading to nbs owners who thought about doing this. The thread title is nbs seats to nnbs seats. Not nnbs to nnbs. Hooking power and ground up to these in a nbs wont do anything...Reason being in short is because the input/outputs from the nbs memory module doesnt coincide with the input/output of the nnbs memory module. So the nnbs module must be deleted for use in a nbs truck. Im not trying to be rude but i didnt spend four hours trouble shooting and splicing wires if all i had to do was hook up 3 wires. Also im an integrated electronics mechanic by trade. I didnt just guess at what i was doing.
my truck did not have power seats before so i started from scratch. if you had bypassed the memory module in the nbs seats by running a fused 12 volt source straight to the seats they would have worked, it would not have mattered what vehicle they were in. now if you got your power from your factory seat harness I could see why you had to cut all that out.

if someone wanted to do this in a nbs or ANY other vehicle all they would have to do is get power from somewhere other than there factory seat wiring harness.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I bench checked it with a 12v source other than the power from the factory harness before i started and still didnt get any of the motors to move.

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
I pulled my drivers side seat out to see what color wires I used. I gave the large red/white wire and the small red/white wire 12v and I grounded the large black wire and the power seats and lumbar work.

if you remember can you check to see what color the heated seats were. I'd really like to wire those up

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you ever get more pics?

I need info on this! I have a 2004 Z71 Crew (NBS) where the drivers seat is destroyed and kills my back even driving for 20 minutes.

I have access to cheap NNBS (2008+) Seats from any model/make

#1 Do NNBS seats holes line up in NBS???

#2 How do you get the seatbelt shoulder belts to work?????

·
Registered
241 Posts
Did you ever get more pics?

I need info on this! I have a 2004 Z71 Crew (NBS) where the drivers seat is destroyed and kills my back even driving for 20 minutes.

I have access to cheap NNBS (2008+) Seats from any model/make

#1 Do NNBS seats holes line up in NBS???

#2 How do you get the seatbelt shoulder belts to work?????
+1 on this!! I am seriously considering getting some NNBS seats for my NBS since my driver seat broke. Just don't know how I would do the seatbelt since I have an ECSB...no B pillar to drill in to!! Anyway , some pics of everything installed and finished would be great!!

·
n. fil-dert.
7,067 Posts
I think you need to make a 3rd thread on it

21 - 39 of 39 Posts