GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen, or have a picture of a NBS with the body line shaved. I've been searching all over the place and haven't found anything. I've noticed that the NNBS trucks and just about all new vehicles (2007+) no longer have a belt line. I'm working on a project that has quite a few unique mods to the body and I was considering shaving the belt line.

If anyone has any pics please post them up. Thanks.

·
Lifted 2wd club
1,137 Posts
There was a guy here local around my area i believe, that had a completely smoothed body line. Search Google or something for this name "candylac" or "candilac" or "kandilac"......something like that. He had a cadi front clip with a completely shaved body line.

Edit: Just tried searching google myself. Try a bunch of different terms like that, but i know it was featured in a mag a few years back. Its a nice lookin truck and the shaved body line throws you off at first, you're like 'wtf.....its smooth all the way down'. The company that did the work did it VERY well. You can probably surf socalcustoms from like 03-05 shows....its a lot of lookin but eventually im sure you'll find the maroon/dark cherry silverado.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
It was some guy i know from dinuba. I'll try to find pics.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
The company that did the work did it VERY well. .

:nono: :blah:

Trejo's in reedley did it

:nono:

heard that the body line is just filled with bondo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, I've been searching for days, and can't find shit. Maybe I should just do it and publicise the hell out of it. I've seen quite a few OBS with both upper and lower lines shaved. In fact grant kustoms is working on one in the projects section of their website.
Doesn't anyone have a pic of one?

·
Lifted 2wd club
1,137 Posts
:nono: :blah:

Trejo's in reedley did it

:nono:

heard that the body line is just filled with bondo.
No way! Really?? I know the guy that bought it off him has been treating it like shit....last time i saw it driving thru town it looked haggard. :nono:

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
No way! Really?? I know the guy that bought it off him has been treating it like shit....last time i saw it driving thru town it looked haggard. :nono:
haha, i think it was called the kandylac or something

I'll find a pic here pretty soon

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, I know a lot of people won't like it because it doesn't look like an average NBS truck. But no one complained when the NNBS came out and that bodyline was eliminated from the design.
I just like the look of the new NNBS Silverados, Colorados, Trailblazers, Titans and just about all new cars newer than 07. When I look around at most vehicle designs prior to 07 they have these bodylines that were originally intended to give the vehicle a lower and lighter look. It was supposed to present the appearance of a lighter center mass which made the vehicles appear smaller and more agile. But times change, this is 2009 and I would like to have a truck with 2009 design standards. My mental picture compares the look to what is appealing now, and not back in 2001.
If you look at vehicle design from 1999-2009, you will notice a transition of fatter lower halves and shorter AB&C pillars. The elimination of the lower bodyline would, in effect, give the roofline a lower appearance almost as if chopped. Thats the effect I am going for.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yea, and the truck will be doored too, so that helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i think thats a good idea, you dont see it to often. good luck dude. post some pics as you go if you do it.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
comparing a NBS with a shaved belt line and a NNBS = apples to oranges. I get what you're saying, but I just dont see it looking that great IMO. The belt line on the NBS flows with the rest of the design of the truck, it carries on from the bumper all the way back to the tailgate.

I think there are some cars that could get away with shaving something like that, NBS is not one of them IMO.

but someone hurry up and find some pics lol

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
think thatd be hard ive seen like the indentions in the bedside shaved before but never the upper body line id like to see what itd look like.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
comparing a NBS with a shaved belt line and a NNBS = apples to oranges. I get what you're saying, but I just dont see it looking that great IMO. The belt line on the NBS flows with the rest of the design of the truck, it carries on from the bumper all the way back to the tailgate.

I think there are some cars that could get away with shaving something like that, NBS is not one of them IMO.

but someone hurry up and find some pics lol
You make a good point. :hmm: I'd definitely have a challange to make the rear of the truck look right. I think the sides would look fine but the corners of the bed and the combo skin would be pretty plain. Hopefully someone can dig up some pics soon so I can wrap my head around this thing a little better.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yea, I know a lot of people won't like it because it doesn't look like an average NBS truck. But no one complained when the NNBS came out and that bodyline was eliminated from the design.
I personally hate the fact that their is nothing on the new trucks, especially once you take off the moulding they just so flat and plain.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I think it could be pretty smooth, depending on how it's carried out.
I'm looking forward to seeing some photos, or photoshop, or even someone here carry it out. Originality for the win! Leadsled mang!
bondo fill-in for the loss though....

·
Lifted 2wd club
1,137 Posts
You make a good point. :hmm: I'd definitely have a challange to make the rear of the truck look right. I think the sides would look fine but the corners of the bed and the combo skin would be pretty plain. Hopefully someone can dig up some pics soon so I can wrap my head around this thing a little better.
On the Kandylac truck, the bed actually looked really good. From looking at it, it looked aesthetically pleasing, but if what Grant says is true and the whole line is filled with bondo....the process to do it was horrible. Thats whats displeasing about these 'cover trucks' you see. Sometimes they'll look amazing but the background on the work isnt so up to par.

Hopefully grant can find some pics here soon, ive been looking but cant find anything.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts