GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am about to crank my buddys t bars on his 06 1500 crew. he is going to run some 285/70/17 on stock wheels. i told him i would change the shocks while we are in there he really dont off road the truck so prolly wont bite on the bilsteins whats the next option for him i was thinking of telling him to try the zone nitros or some procomp es9000

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the RCX Nitro 9000's on my NBS cranked with keys and they were garbage, so I wouldn't recommend those...I went through two sets in 4 months. Cleared the 285's on stockers though with the crank no problem. Now I've got the RCX 2.2 Series shocks and they're much better I'm quite happy with them..Ride is a little stiff but not "rough" like the Nitros..they've got a firm ride onroad but nice rebound and fairly smooth ride offroad. I'm running the 285's on a 17x9 now and had quite a bit of rub, had to trim and still need to :sawzall: a bit more.

Hope I helped a bit!!

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought about telling him to try to rough country 2.2 shocks but i dont see them with a price on the rough country site.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try going on their livechat and ask one of the reps..I didn't buy mine. I bitched enough about having to go through two sets of the Nitros that they sent me the 2.2's as an upgrade under warranty. Im sure there's better shocks out there but like I said, I've done some moderatin wheelin' with them and they're pretty good. I was pretty happy with the customer service I got from them aswell!

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
called the shop they said 49 each for them i wish they would offer them for my hd i would give them a try.

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah he still didnt pull the trigger on doing it yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts