GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nbs silverado 1500 with leveling kit. I am wanting to run 33s on 20inch wheel and have the tire stick out past oem fender flare. What wheel offset would I need to achieve this?

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I woukd say 0 or +1

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I woukd say 0 or +1
just ignore this fool who doesn't know what he's talking about.

you have to know the WIDTH of the wheel before you can give an offset.

most wheels that stick out further, have negative offset. i'll leave it at that.

do you have any ideas on what size wheel you want to run?

its going to have to stick out pretty far to get past the oem fender flare. you're looking at something like a 20x10 -24mm or 20x12 -44mm. or any other wheel with different diameters and similar width/offset.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
just ignore this fool who doesn't know what he's talking about.

you have to know the WIDTH of the wheel before you can give an offset.

most wheels that stick out further, have negative offset. i'll leave it at that.

do you have any ideas on what size wheel you want to run?
Oh mind your mouth. I'm assuming 20x9 and a plus 1 will stick out enough. I have +18 and they are sticking out.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
If 20x10 then yes -12 as that's the highest they come in usually but you'll be out a lot farther then your flares

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Oh mind your mouth. I'm assuming 20x9 and a plus 1 will stick out enough. I have +18 and they are sticking out.
you realize were talking about nbs with oem fender flares and he wants it to stick past them right? your nnbs might be different and require less offset for the tire to stick out.

this is mine and my coworker's trucks with 20x12 -44mm offset. stick out about 1"-1.5"

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
My bad I misread that I thought he said nnbs. Been a long night at work...

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Here's an 04 Sierra off google with 20x9 and 0 offset for reference

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Just saw that pic. That is quite a difference never realized nbs and.nnbs were that different

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Here's an 04 Sierra off google with 20x9 and 0 offset for reference
its lifted, front wheels are pushed out 1.5", so wheel width Isn't applicable

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I know I was looking at the back wheels.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
I have a nbs silverado 1500 with leveling kit. I am wanting to run 33s on 20inch wheel and have the tire stick out past oem fender flare. What wheel offset would I need to achieve this?
You will need a x 10 minimum.

I installed OEM 20's, with 285/55/20 tires (32.5x11), with 1.5" wheel spacers. They stick out past the fender flares about 1".

a x10 with a similar tire will be the same, if not add another .25-.5" of width.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Thanks for clearing this up guys I had no idea they were so different. Sorry op for the confusion and good luck!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help ive been looking at anthem wheels in 20x10 which I believe are -24 if I read right earlier. I had someone mention to me wheel spacers but idk much about spacers. I plan on getting bushwacker pocket style flares. So thats why I want the tires sticking out. I want to fit 33s but I know if I put them out to far then ill be trimming more than id want to if im correct.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Thanks for the help ive been looking at anthem wheels in 20x10 which I believe are -24 if I read right earlier. I had someone mention to me wheel spacers but idk much about spacers. I plan on getting bushwacker pocket style flares. So thats why I want the tires sticking out. I want to fit 33s but I know if I put them out to far then ill be trimming more than id want to if im correct.
exactly. that blue chevy with the 20x12's had to trim quite a bit. if you don't mind the trimming, go for it. also the 33 1250 20 toyo open country run a tad bit smaller than the 305 55 20 nitto trail grappler so the toyo may be a better option if you want to really try and stuff the wide wheels under there and prevent a little less rubbing. but if your not afraid to trim some plastic and and more than likely some metal on the back side of the fender, go for it.

20x10's will be a better fitment though. i say 20x10's with 305 55 20's. that was my setup prior to my 6" but i ran a 3" body with a leveling kit and had to trim a bit. depends on how much you crank the torsion bars.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
exactly. that blue chevy with the 20x12's had to trim quite a bit. if you don't mind the trimming, go for it. also the 33 1250 20 toyo open country run a tad bit smaller than the 305 55 20 nitto trail grappler so the toyo may be a better option if you want to really try and stuff the wide wheels under there and prevent a little less rubbing. but if your not afraid to trim some plastic and and more than likely some metal on the back side of the fender, go for it.

20x10's will be a better fitment though. i say 20x10's with 305 55 20's. that was my setup prior to my 6" but i ran a 3" body with a leveling kit and had to trim a bit. depends on how much you crank the torsion bars.

Theres a picture of it. I wont have to worry about trimming up front I just dont know about on the back of front fender how much id have to trim

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have 18x9's with a -11 offset and i'm just about flush with the bushwacker pocket flares

image_zps5555f08b.jpg

·
Registered
86 Posts
Leveled with 35's

1 - 20 of 39 Posts