GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just rolling around the idea of a SAS on my 01 but i have heard that the frame on 1500s is to weak for leafs. anyone know what would be involved in reinforcing the frame rails so it would be strong enough?

pics anyone has of the front end of nbs with leafs would be great

thanks guys

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
they got a guy in the for sale section selling a nbs sas frame

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they got a guy in the for sale section selling a nbs sas frame
ya i saw that...i figured that companies like ORU would make kits like they do for obs and the 2500s if it was possible

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no only fabritech make a kit and its junk look at darks truck its the best pics you'll find of a nbs with sas these should help u out i'm doing the sas on my 02 chevy just collecting parts i got a dana 44 fron a 78 f250 if u need one

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7638

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2537
man i havent seen that thread in a long time lol

i really wish i had the time and $$ to do as much as he did but with college next year i dont know how much time i would be able to devote to putting in a solid front. ive always wanted to do it but im not so sure it will happen due to time and money constraints as well as the fact that i dont get into enough off road to justify it, im just curious what all would be involved.

i guess im letting my jeep buddies IFS jokes get to me lol.:gayfight:

·
Registered
385 Posts
well i'm going with 6 inchs of lift on mine for now, then maybe the fall just depends on the money. I'll usein a 79 f250 dana 44 with 6 lug hubs on it and my stock rear, if u don't do much offroading but still want the stright axle this would be your best bet. as for brackets for the leafs they are easy to fab up i'm using the front rear spring hangers off a obs for the rear of the springs on my sas and front brackets i made off from ideas from looking on here

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
IIRC. DE makes/is making/made a SAS bracket set for NBS trucks. That was a while ago since I heard that. You might wanna check with him.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Bout frames being weak, doubt if they are weaker than K5's, they had c channel non baoxed frames and are notiorious for cracking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts