GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hooked on trucks
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does thing work with the rollpan I just put on? I'm picking up a hidden hitch on Monday. I was just wondering does it use the stock spare tire assembly or is a manual crank one?

·
Hooked on trucks
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, I just ordered my 4/6 from street pros and the guy told me it should still be able to fit between the hitch. Now I guess I'll have to figure out how to work the crank assy. w/o the hole in the rollpan.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
From what I have heard, the relocator just move the spare further back (actually forward) towards the rear axle. If you didn't already know, you will be able to see the spare behind the rollpan. If you still plan on putting it there, use a flip down plate and you should be able to retain the crank feature.

·
Hooked on trucks
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have heard, the relocator just move the spare further back (actually forward) towards the rear axle. If you didn't already know, you will be able to see the spare behind the rollpan. If you still plan on putting it there, use a flip down plate and you should be able to retain the crank feature.

So basically everyone runs around with no spare. If you can see it, I'm not putting it back on.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
You will be able to see it.

Most either don't run around with one, or the throw it in the bed of the truck.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
i dont run mine:imo...theres no way i'd be able to jack my truck up on the side of the road with the stock bottle jack in order to clear the tires off of the ground so i took my spare off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts