GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of sanding some stuff and getting it ready to paint. I wanted to take the plastic surrounding the steering column out and paint it too, but don't know how. Anybody ever done this? It's two pieces joined together. Here's a pic too:
SC.gif

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BuiltNotBought99 said:
They are plastic clips that hold it together I will pop apart with alittle screw driver help.
I'll try that out! I think it will look badass sanded down and painted!

·
Registered
15 Posts
its a pain in the ass to take off cause you got to get the lever that moves the stering wheel up and down off then its really easy to get off like only 4 or 5 clips holding it in =

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah I haven't tried it yet. I going to take everything I have sanded now to my paint guy and then carry it and some other stuff later on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
03 carbon,

When I rebuilt my column after my accident, I pulled the airbag, steering wheel, then took those trim peices off. Mine has a lip that runs into the back of the steering wheel, and the part closest to the floor has (easily broken) j-clips. Maybe they changed the 03's, but I know mine was a pain with the wheel on, and the clips broke when I removed the old one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts