GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Escuzi as I have yet to do said blower box mod, did you just cut it and glue it back together or am I missing something
I've used screws to hold it together while the glue dries, but yes you have the basic idea

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Looks like you moved the fan towards the back to clear the tub; is that flat-ish piece the part you cut out from the back side and moved to the front (repurposed) where the fan started out from?

·
Registered
429 Posts
The fan looks close to the wheel tub, by the time insulation and carpet is in the fan want be able to draw air from the looks of it. But you may have plenty of room I just going off the pictures.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The fan can draw plenty of air. The tub is curved. Only the bottom of the box touches the tub. Also I dont put carpet up that high on the firewall and I wont use insulation. I dynamat the entire firewall for noise and heat. The fan will pull as much air as a factory box with the outside air shit off.

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks like you moved the fan towards the back to clear the tub; is that flat-ish piece the part you cut out from the back side and moved to the front (repurposed) where the fan started out from?
The fan box isnt a square. So when you turn it theres a gap. It's not a repurposed piece. You have to make it to fill the gap and seal the box back off.

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Been spending some time working on the tahoe again now that I've taken a new position at work that keeps me from being on call as much.

Starting getting the rear tubs tacked up and did a little rework on the rack location. Installed a fbody oil pan and pick up tube on the engine so that the engine mounts and trans x member could be set.

The shorty headers that we picked couldn't have been more perfect. These headers were picked specifically for fitment.

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So at the end of the weekend. Some big time things got finalized.
Engine/trans
Rear tubs
Door handle linkage inside and outside
Front bumper mounts
Trans tunnel
Also added escalade roof rack and rear glass trim pieces

·
Registered
397 Posts
So at the end of the weekend. Some big time things got finalized.
Engine/trans
Rear tubs
Door handle linkage inside and outside
Front bumper mounts
Trans tunnel
Also added escalade roof rack and rear glass trim pieces

Fucking badass!

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
great work, this thing is sweet

Reactions: heysoos

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I appreciate the compliments. In a scene that seems to be going back to doing as much custom shit as possible like it was in the 80's and early 90's, I'm trying to stick to my original desires or building vehicle that are custom and unique while looking as OEM as possible.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I like that concept. Factory, but clean and simple.

Reactions: heysoos

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Tubs too wide to fit 2nd row seats?
yes. Once you have to tub into the door for a tahoe it will no longer allow you to run the factory second row in the factory location. So in order to run the factory second row whether its buckets or bench, you have to move the set up to clear and/or forward. You will then either give up head room and/or leg room. so you will have to make adjustments for that.

So I decided to move the 3rd row seats to the second row. build a seat structure to allow them to function like factory, have factory headroom and leg space to the front seats. Will be doing small custom panels on each side of the rear seats to fill the gap between the doors and cover the tub instead of carpet like most people. will also be incorporating full size cup holders.

i have a lot more bracing to do to the seat structure, but the basic framework is there.

If the tahoe had 24x10's in the rear, instead of 24x12's I could have moved the seats back further to increase legroom. or went with bucket seats that where moved closer together.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts