x3 shitbox owner
3,916 Posts
Yes we do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The company I work for is still open with limited staff and I'm still there so I'm not getting much free time to work on the tahoe. It's also not as easy to get the materials I need as the metal yards aren't selling to the public right now

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Spent some time working on the tahoe over the last week. Got all the body floor structure finished so I've pulled the body and began disassembly to frame to begin final welding and getting it ready for powder coating. I will be adding shock mount and air tank mounts that will tie the rear frame rails together more

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Yesterday had a lot of grinding and clean up involved. Had to modify the passenger side upper arm mount closest to the radiator to clear for an a/c line with the lowered engine. Will hopefully have the plates for all the rear notch joints by this weekend so i can add the cross bars for the shock mounts and the air tank mounts.

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
nice work, its coming out bad a$$

Reactions: silverboy02

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
All the fab work is officially done on the tahoe chassis. Swapped the shorty headers for full longtubes. Turns out even with the lowered engine, the 99-06 speed engineering longtubes will work and do not hang below the bottom of the frame. The exhaust will be cut a little shorter to add turn downs on the ends and no go past the end of the frame.

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Fuel cell in place. Right at 20 gallons

·
Registered
328 Posts
All the fab work is officially done on the tahoe chassis. Swapped the shorty headers for full longtubes. Turns out even with the lowered engine, the 99-06 speed engineering longtubes will work and do not hang below the bottom of the frame. The exhaust will be cut a little shorter to add turn downs on the ends and no go past the end of the frame.

Nice work for sure. Good to know on those headers. I tried to fit a set of Kooks on my SFBD 08 Silverado but there was no way without cutting them and I wasn’t going to do that. I planned on buying the SE, figuring they were inexpensive enough it wouldn't be a crime if I had to cut em up a bit. Did you bend all the exhaust yourself?

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
This build is still moving along. For those people that aren't IG people to see the progress. Here's a few updated photos. Part of the deal on this build was Brandan was going to handle stuff he felt was in his wheel house. So I delivered the truck back to him and I've made 2 trips down since to do major finishing points with him. This last trip finished the last major deal on the truck, the engine and trans harness. Relay box and ecu is mounted under the center console. We completely stripped the harness down. Removed all plugs for anything we removed or deleted. Rerouted the other plugs and extended the few wires (roughly 15) we needed to. Will be running 3 piece engine covers on the truck but even if he decided not to, it still looks way cleaner than the stock harness routing going over the intake.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts