GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How far can you lower them?

Does a 4-5 look good?

I know the front can get 4-4.5 inchs depending on a couple of things, but all I have seen for the rear is a 5 inch drop spring? I don't have one to look at but my wife reall wants me to get one. So I just has to know.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Used to be in Placentia.

Now were in Chino Hills. Got a house, kid on the way, and a rcsb. So my wife say the rcsb has to go.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Heres mines with a MGD 3-5 drop. its got spindals and torsion keys for the front and springs for the rear. I also put on a set of belltech shocks, it rides really good. the back settled so it has less rake now but I really like the MGD kit for these trucks.

Jay

Tahoe.jpg

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Damn that NBS looks sick. Would be even better with a little more drop front/back and level.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The most drop you can get in the rear is 5" without baggin it. As far as the front goes, you can do a couple of different things. Drop keys with spindles or lower a-arms. I have a djm 3/5 kit with djm drop shocks. Thats a 5" rear spring with drop a-arms. It rides ok. Check out tahoeyukonforum to check out some dropped rides.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Matt14

I read many post off the web-site. I think a 4-5 looks good, and won't be to hard to drive around with the rims I have.

I might even do the air-bag mod on the rear with schrader valves so I have a bit of flexibilty. I do have a 150 psi nail gun compressor that I could just use for awhile.

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Heres mines with a MGD 3-5 drop. its got spindals and torsion keys for the front and springs for the rear. I also put on a set of belltech shocks, it rides really good. the back settled so it has less rake now but I really like the MGD kit for these trucks.

Jay

Tahoe.jpg
WOW I think I'm on love :drool:

Nice hoe man, looks really good

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn thats what I am looking for.

Anybody here heard of how you can use shorter body bushing to get a 1" roughly body drop? Or how to modify the bumper brackets.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Theres a guy (jkmotorsports) on tahoeyukonforum that has shorter bushings, but no-one else can find them. Cant remember what they came off of.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw those post, and I believe they said it was off a late model S-10.

I would be concerned that the steering shaft would not compress like it should or lay back enough to compensate for the drop. I would like to see some type of documented pics before I go down that road.

As for the bumpers I can re-learn to weld, and mocking stuff up is easy enough. I have plenty of tools to help build some brackets. I don't see them being anything close to a deal breaker like the bushing drop.

Either way I still can get a comfy 4-5 drop. Plus I have the DJM trailing arm mods to do so I can roll, and cut and re-locate the rear snubber like some suggest. So hopefully by that time someone will make a kit or post-up some pics, and I still have no idea what I tahoe looks like underneath. Not many suspension pics floating around to get a firm idea of what can be done.

·
Registered
184 Posts
What are you lookin for exactly. I bought the djm 3/5 kit with trailing arm relocaters and drop shocks. You will NEED to do the djm free travel mod which is cutting off the rear bumpstop brackets for additional travel. This is a must with anything more then a 3" rear drop IMO. I've heard that you can remove the rear spring isolaters to gain another 1/2" of drop. Still have mine in.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I had the DJM 3/5 on my old yukon and I will agree, you definitely need to remove the bumpstop bracket. I have that kit laying around if you're interested in buying it.

·
IT DONT STOP
504 Posts
here is my 3/5..
DSCN0157.jpg

scrapin001.jpg

i would def suggest doing the free travel mod as well as the trailing arm and sway bar relocator, and maybe a bolt in c notch for more room

1 - 20 of 23 Posts