GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd club
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just real quick, anyone here replaced their front door windows, and how hard a job is it? Ive done them in my s10 before, was real simple, im sure the NBS's are equally as simple, but before i take the door panel off and tackle it, just wondering if anyone knows the tools needed off hand.

Thanks guys

·
concrete *******
1,923 Posts
i can't remember the size tools but it was pretty simple. just like any other window. it's shaped really weird though.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
i also want to know.
i want to get a second set for tint tickets.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
i also want to know.
that's what I did. it's very easy to do.

take door panel off
take off your mirror
take out weatherstripping
there's 2 bolts that clamp the window in, loosen those

reverse for install

I think Grant did a write-up on it that is more specific, but it's very simple. leave the window controls close incase you need to roll the window up or down a bit to get access to the bolts

·
Lifted 2wd club
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i also want to know.
Exactly. :Thumbsup: I got another ticket about 3 weeks ago and im just going to swap my brothers windows into my truck, drive down to the local station and have them sign it off then swap my windows back in, i just didnt want his truck to be windowless for too long and didnt know how long the process took. My last ticket i paid was like $158, and thats because i forgot about it.

that's what I did. it's very easy to do.

take door panel off
take off your mirror
take out weatherstripping
there's 2 bolts that clamp the window in, loosen those

reverse for install

I think Grant did a write-up on it that is more specific, but it's very simple. leave the window controls close incase you need to roll the window up or down a bit to get access to the bolts
I figured it was that simple. Gonna have to schedule some time for my brother to leave his truck with me, then find a good price on some standard windows. Ill have to search for that write up. Thanks. :handshake:

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I paid $50 for my front clear windows from a member on here, FYI. It will take about 2 hours total because you have to dismantle 2 trucks. once you get the spare windows it will be a lot easier and faster...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yup super easy, when I tinted my fronts I just took the windows right out. 2 10mm bolts need to be loosened off and that is it other than the screws in the door panel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've done this many times for my brother. Since I have clear windows and his are tinted. It is very simple to do. I've timed myself and have done both truck complete in about 90 minutes. I'm kind of repeating what ILuvJDM said.

1- remove door panel (I've never removed my mirror or weatherstripping)
2- loosen the window to track bolts/clamps
3- support the window with one hand and roll down the track with the other or have someone else hold the window for ya
4- tilt the window down in a clockwise motion (towards the front of the truck)
5- slowly pull up and away from the door

replacing the window is a little more difficult so take your time. I usually put the window farther down in the door then rotate it to where it sits.

Hope this helps, good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts