GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I figured it was about time i made a bigger box for my subs (that require over 1 cuft per sub :wow: . with the old box i was at about, i shit you not, .6 cuft at the most :read: So i asked my boy Douglas "my cock is out" Toney to help out with a design. He came through and designed a little something for my truck.

Specs:
2-12" jl w3v2
Downfiring
total cuft= 2.50 (1.25 per sub)
55" wide
raised rear seat 2"

Though it was a struggle, i learned a lot. here are a few pics. ill wrap it later
builup005.gif

builup006.gif

builup009.gif

here it is done
buildup004.gif

buildup001.gif

i used a shitload of LiquidNails to make sure it was airtight :read:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was gonna wrap it later but then Pat told me I should line-x it...how much would that run?? :hmm:

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Looks good. If you're thinking of getting it Line-X'ed just get some Herculiner and do it yourself. That's what I did with mine and it looks good.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no idea.. I'd line-x it too :imo. Wrapping would be cheaper though. But are you going to make the design show? I'd cut it out and put a light in there to make it pimp :imo
hmmm....maybe a plexiglass cutout mounted in front with blue LEDs in it so it can light up at night??

i didnt even think about the herculiner stuff. will it cover the screw-bumps? as in, not make them noticeable?

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Sweet Gregory. What % did you get on the windshield?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NCMLGB! how's it sound?
it sounds much deeper, cleaner and louder. thanks again bro!

Sweet Gregory. What % did you get on the windshield?
i ended up getting 35% on the windshield and 15% on the front two windows. i did get a visor put in just in case i get pulled over and the cop wont realize the windshield is tinted if he sees a darker strip on the windshield. i need to redo the strip since it sits too high and is darker than i want

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quickly, here are the windshield pics. keep in mind, im redoing the visor strip (to equal 10-15% and lower about 4 inches)

DSCF2035.gif

DSCF2036.gif

DSCF2038.gif

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
i didnt even think about the herculiner stuff. will it cover the screw-bumps? as in, not make them noticeable?
If you countersunk the screws then it'd cover them up. I countersunk mine and filled them in with body filler and then sanded it smooth. The problem I think with Herculiner is that it's a lot thinner than Line-X.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
nice sub box greg, I don't have the patience to build them myself, but good on ya.

200 bucks tops and you'll have that thing linex'

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
hmmm....maybe a plexiglass cutout mounted in front with blue LEDs in it so it can light up at night??

Yes it will. You can apply it as thick or thin as you'd like. We Herculined the inside of my buddies Bronco, and in places where we put a 2-3 thick layers, it is easily thicker than my other friend's Line-X on his pickup. It's not quite as even or professional looking, but it's much cheaper and a lot more fun to do it yourself.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts