GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing some money so if anyone is interested in me making them some custom fenders let me know. The set I made are strong, I set my car battery on top of them before they were painted and the body filler didn't even think about cracking. I can also shave anything requested, but cannot paint anything as of yet. Just let me know if any of you are interested.
fender_4.gif

DSC03993.gif

DSC03994.gif

Thanks,
Justin

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I'd love some, but trying to limit the mods I do on my truck right now .... how hard was it to move everything that sat on them elsewhere, what is it, the Fusebox, Coolant bottle, did you have to move your battery?

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
justin, let me know how much you wanna sell them for man. im not sure when i'd be able to get them, but im definately interested. also, how difficult was it to relocate everything?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how hard was it to move everything that sat on them elsewhere, what is it, the Fusebox, Coolant bottle, did you have to move your battery?
Moving everything was pretty easy. The hard part was getting the factory bolts out of the fuse box where everything connects up so I could put longer ones in it. I had to relocate the battery to the bed.

I have no clue about a price guys. I know the body shop that painted them said they'd charge alot to do something like that just cause it's alot of labor involved. So just make me an offer and keep in mind that I'd have to buy a set of fenders unless someone wants to ship me theirs.

·
Registered
785 Posts
ok I was just wondering what you would be charging for them, I imagined it would be kinda costly b/c of the amount of labor needed for them

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probally around $500 for everything to be done, plus shipping and the cost of the fenders and custom inner fender. Probally looking at somewhere under $900 shipped to your door. I can also do other mods to the inside of the fender if interested.
Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's an Air Commander by Air Lift. I got it from one of the perfered vendors (Music City Customs) It works VERY good, the only problem I had was it locked up one time, but I added some oil to it and it's worked fine ever since. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Way2hi,
Did you have to move the battery? I will be tubbing my front this winter, and have been looking at pics of this done. This truck is bd 4" and tubed for 22's and appears to have the battery in or near the stock location. Any tips, pointers, or info?

Thanks
Trey

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I moved mine to the bed for a more cleaner look under the hood(this winter I will be relocating it under the bed, but if you really wanted to keep it then you could move the battery forward and up some, I tried this on mine, but didn't like the way it looked.
Is the truck in the pic yours?
It's not hard at all to relocate the battery, just need some 4ga. wire. I took off the ground that went to the battery from the engine and frame and replaced it with a one piece 4ga. wire. Then disconnected the power cable and replaced it with 4ga. wire that I wrapped in 1/2" fuel line for extra insulation then just mounted the cable under the cab and into the bed, next I grounded some 4ga. wire to the frame and connected it to the battery. I also had to move the fuse box over and up and the coolant tank by the A/C. Everything works fine. If ya need to know anything else just ask.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts